Planning a BCUK sea session 8th / 9th June!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Guy's,

As we have a few NW members I am going to plan a open session for us all either on the 8th or 9th of June (what ever date is best for the majority goes), the venue will be Moreton Beach on the Wirral the main quarry will be Bass but expect flattys in numbers with the odd ray and smooth hound thrown into the mix for the lucky ones amongst us.

Rod / Reel requirements:

Bass Rod an Reel loaded with 10 - 18lb mono, or your standard beach caster.
A Carp rod and big pit reel will do the trick.

I might have a spare rod going for any one who wants to attend but lacks the gear.

Terminal:

Normal bog standard beach rigs will work, but as this is Bass season be set accordingly, Big baits work at this mark, so don't worry about over hooking.
Feathers an Hoki will work but will need tipping with a little bit of Squid or Lug will work, and you can spin an plug with good results.
Grip leads are not 100% necessary, watch leads or standard bombs will work but if you can bring a few for the tide change (can be a little rough) it might be worth it, as for weight 2 - 6 oz will be fine.
Hook's, form personal experience big circle hooks are the killer for big baits at this mark. But if you haven't got any size 2+ long shanks will work as well.

Bait:

Lug and Squid is the order of the day, Peeler Crab works well when added to the mix so will Razor clam, along with that Sand Eel's can work but the small ones seems to work better but they can be hit and miss.
Plugs and Spinners work well too.
I can pick up the bait for the people that need it at cost..

Post in your intrested or comming, go or no go will be the Friday for any one who is asking me to pick up the bait for them, and note if you want bait picking up.

1) Chris.
2)
3)
4)
5)

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I'll defo join you if I'm ashore. Which is entirely possibly. Will confirm nearer the time.

I lack specific bass rigs etc though. I don't fish near,y as much as I'd like so most of that went straight over my head. I think the only rod I've got at the house is my 8ft spinner though...

Andy

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Hey Mac,

If you want a cheep bass rod, try this I own one and it's punching well over it's weight it should be 3 times the price if you ask me. You have a choice of two reel's
1) http://www.gerryslurefishingtackle.co.uk/shimano-catana-4000fb-ea6605.ir?cName=reels-fixed-spools
2) http://www.gerryslurefishingtackle.co.uk/daiwa-megaforce-3500x.ir?cName=reels-fixed-spools

Or you can grab one of the cheepo Ron Thompson combo deals for £30 - £40

That's if you want to use a bait rod, depending on what casting weight your spinning rod is it could work but it needs to be quite tough to deal with the HARD takes bass give. As for Rig's I can have you covered.

Chris.

Alpha,

Nope your fine, it's sea fishing so you don't need a license what so ever.

ALL!
I have noticed a trend that weekend might be a bit difficult for a few of the members do you want me to move it a week?

Last edited:

mudgutz

Jan 26, 2013
Staffordshire moorlands.
I'd love to come to this but i'm at the IOM TT till the 8th.

If you do it for another day I may have a spare rod or two i can lend out if people need one and a reel but they will be multipliers so a bit tricky if being used by a novice.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Still depends on if I'm ashore matey. I'm offshore just now and need to get another two weeks out here to make other commitments viable. But the office might make other plans in which case I'll be off on the 7th.

Cheers

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Seeing as this was a blow out, would I be trying in vein to set up another session?
I have two rods going spare and a desire to teach others, I also have info on a mark of mine that's fishing it's nuts off at the moment.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I'd like a crack at this, date depending. I've no gear, no idea, but am willing an with notice, could get the fuel together to travel n maybe camp an get some ale in?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
PS....my tax n mot runs out at end of this month.....then I'm scuppered for a while.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Chiseller, your more than welcome to come to the next session do you have any dates that are good for you?
I can cover you for a rod and reel, and end tackle if you want bait I can get it cost. The location will be different though.

PM me if your interested.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE