Enzo trapper! Any good?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lynx

Nomad
Jun 5, 2010
Wellingborough, Northants
Here's mine:

DSCF0274.jpg

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Thanks mate :)
It was made up from a kit which Brisa used to make (I think they called it the Deluxe or similar). I believe you can still buy the bolsters, but unless Dennis at Brisa still has the specially cut scales to accommodate them, you'd need to do the cutting and fitting yourself.

I hope you have success in finding one mate, they really are superb knives, however you decide to have them.

DS1150

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2010
London
I bought one after seeing a friend's model. I really enjoyed making it and it would be great for quite rough use but to be honest I find most of the time I find I pick up my cheap Mora. It's not as pretty or as up for abuse, but I find it more useable for simple knife tasks in the field, garage etc and also more comfortable.

Soundmixer

Forager
Mar 9, 2011
Angus, Scotland
Here's mine, tulipwood scales.
SAM_0827.jpg

01 Scandi, easy to get sharp (comes sharp) and keep sharp. Solid piece of kit that fits my hands perfectly.
The sheath that comes with the kits these days is actually quite nice. It comes as a dangler but I removed the dangler loop and just put it straight on to my belt. The kit is pretty simple to put together and is a good experience if you have never made a knife before.
I have a friend that has done all the Enzo Trapper steel options in curly birch and they are all good. I just prefer 01 (old school and proud...) :cool:

S

Something In The Woodshed

Strictly speaking its not an Enzo, but its the same pattern, just a little posh in Damasteel, with stainless bolsters and Maroon Micarta.. have done a lot of Enzos in the past and they sell very well. Tried and tested.

DSCF0556.jpg

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Nice to see a Damascus blade with a plain handle; to often the handles are very elaborate and the whole thing looks ott. This one looks classy.

I was thinking that too! it does look great and the shape of the trapper's blade looks very functional and well worth 'reproducing.'

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Strictly speaking its not an Enzo, but its the same pattern, just a little posh in Damasteel, with stainless bolsters and Maroon Micarta.. have done a lot of Enzos in the past and they sell very well. Tried and tested.

DSCF0556.jpg

Is that the AE Damascus Trapper 'Woodshed? You've done a superb job there mate! If you hadn't have said that the handle was Micarta I would've thought it was a really dark exotic wood.

Nice to see a Damascus blade with a plain handle; to often the handles are very elaborate and the whole thing looks ott. This one looks classy.

I agree; I have a pair of pine cone scales that I've been meaning to put on a Damascus Trapper for a while now, but I've been stalling because; A) I've never seen it done, and I don't want to waste my resources on something I'll hate, and B) I feel that the complex patterned handle will detract from the pattern of the blade and vice versa. By fitting a bolster, you're essentially displaying the blade and the handle separately with a space in between, which is a good thing in my opinion.

Sorry that's all a bit deep! Lol. It is just a knife after all. :)

S

Something In The Woodshed

Is that the AE Damascus Trapper 'Woodshed? You've done a superb job there mate! If you hadn't have said that the handle was Micarta I would've thought it was a really dark exotic wood.

I agree; I have a pair of pine cone scales that I've been meaning to put on a Damascus Trapper for a while now, but I've been stalling because; A) I've never seen it done, and I don't want to waste my resources on something I'll hate, and B) I feel that the complex patterned handle will detract from the pattern of the blade and vice versa. By fitting a bolster, you're essentially displaying the blade and the handle separately with a space in between, which is a good thing in my opinion.

Sorry that's all a bit deep! Lol. It is just a knife after all. :)

Should of mentioned its a Ingemar Nordell Damasteel blade and the Micarta is Maroon Linen.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
where is a good place to buy pre-made enzo trappers? I've checked brisa and they don't have them in 01..

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Try emailing Dennis at Brisa with your requirements and see if he can help you out. He will probably be the best guy to speak to if you want to go custom, as he designed (with the assistance of those over on BB) and makes the blades. Failing that, you could have a look at the English Handmade Knives website, as they often have a few in stock.

I'm sure a few on here would do one for you if you supplied the gear, paid for postage and slipped them a few notes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE