Enzo trapper! Any good?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Can someone who owns or has handled one of the Enzo trapper knives let me know what they are like!?

I'd very much like to hear some of your views on this knife as I'm quite taken by it's looks and slick design.

Thanks for the input guys!

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I have tried the search bar but.. you know.

They look nice, I've heard good things when roughly searching the web but some input from you guys is far better imo.

Riven

Dec 23, 2006
England
I have owned a trapper for a few years in D2 and find it very nice to use. It is pretty light and blade is simular to my
f1 only thinner. Seems up to most tasks but the sheath is frankly an embarrasement to the makers. Throw it away and get a better one, mine is an Eka W11 new style sheath.
Other than that, thumbs up.
Riven.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
what's D2 like? I hear kit's very ahrd and sharpens to a 'toothy' edge. did you buy a kit?

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
there are a number of reviews on youtube and loads of info on britishblades

they come in a couple of grinds and steels as well as wood or micarta so you get the options that are best for you - you can even get kits if you fancy making something for yourself

I found them to be on a par with the mid rangeknives avalible at the time (when I was looking at least) - Falkniven (honestly they were mid range once), cold steel, Ontario, ESEE/Rat cutlery etc.

it was infact the only production 01 knife I could find at the time, it got used a fair bit but moved on once I found a custom maker i liked....

for the price of a kit (well below the £100 mark) - you can't go wrong

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
did that work?
no.

there are a number of reviews on youtube and loads of info on britishblades

they come in a couple of grinds and steels as well as wood or micarta so you get the options that are best for you - you can even get kits if you fancy making something for yourself

I found them to be on a par with the mid rangeknives avalible at the time (when I was looking at least) - Falkniven (honestly they were mid range once), cold steel, Ontario, ESEE/Rat cutlery etc.

it was infact the only production 01 knife I could find at the time, it got used a fair bit but moved on once I found a custom maker i liked....

for the price of a kit (well below the £100 mark) - you can't go wrong

sounds pretty good! for the same money can you get anything 'better'? I'd say I'd go for scandi, O1 and dark micarta.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Okay, hit advanced search (below the search box at the top) type exactly this in the keyword box "enzo trapper" then select titles only, and hey presto!

that worked suprisingly well, thanks for the tip!

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
I have a trapper and find it an excellent blade for general work. It is comfy in the hand and can take quite a bit of punishment. Scandi grind is very easy to get really sharp. I would say however if your hands are very big, you might find the trapper to be a little too compact, I suggest you try and get hold of one first to see if you like it.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I'm on my second trapper. Wish I still had my first which I sold on here not long ago.
For the pricethey are very good,my AUS8 held an awsome edge and was easily maintained. My latest is in D2 and just as good but a little harder to sharpen but when it is sharp its a brill knife.

I replace the sheath with a Rancid Badger one and my second had its sheath made by LuckyLee.

You can get them in full flat or scandi, I prefere scandi. Also got an Rover and looking at the camper to complete my collection. All in all great knives and you shouldn't be disapointed.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
does anyone have one they would trade with me? preferably in 'as new' condition O1 scandi.

My hands aren't ;arge but they are fat, I heard the lower section that your little finger rests on/above restricts the handle a teeny bit, is this true for the average hand?

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
I have Trapper, in AUS8 with a Scandi grind, and it is simply awesome. I did add stainless bolsters which changed the feel of the knife in comparison to my buddy's; which has no bolsters.

Get one, and you'll not regret it Samon.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Here is mine in D2 leatherwork by LuckyLee
DSC_0039.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE