where to buy firesteels?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
Ebay has loads on offer, I saw one today that is exactly the same as the army model and rather than the plastic handle it had one made of oak. if you are after buying a few of these the seller may also offer a discount :) Good luck!

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
WW,

£6 each for the thick ones from Andrew at Outdoorcode. These have a chain rather than a thumb grip but work just fine! Its a nice little project to make your own handle if you want one...each patrol could do one - instructions are on the "pimp my firesteel" thread

Red

WOW! You guys have been busy. I will probably go for the ones off of outdoorcode as they seem relaible and cheap. Also, great idea British Red, I had seen your firesteel pimping thread but not thought about asking the Scouts to do it.

Now all I must do is beg the treasurer to hand over the money :rolleyes:

thanks again, woodwalker :You_Rock_

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
stuart f said:
Is that you asking for more trouble John!you are surely not thinking of doing a :grouphug: buy.

Lets just say I got as far as looking into it but as with most small cheap items the postage and Paypal fees tend to wipe out any savings. It would have worked for a group buy if I was giving them out at a meet but posting them wiped out most of the saving.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I have been having a looking into this and I think I might be able to get the large size flints (as in the swedish army version) for £3.50 if we had 30 or so people for a group buy, I'll let you know if its possible.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE