Where is winter?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Yes, looks like I was wrong: winter is here. It was around -5°C overnight with a few light hail showers. It was still -3°C this morning at 08h30 when I took my daughter to school. The temperature hasn't got above freezing all day and it looks like we've got this for the next few days. No snow is forecast, though. :(

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
-7c as of 05:30 this morning got up to +2c today with more frost forecast tonight. Heavy snow forecast for Friday but turning to rain according to auntie beeb; according to Metcheck we will get snow tonight.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Frost over night, but stopped for a brew while walking on the Downland today, I ended up sitting in sunshine, jacket off in just a long sleeved 'T' shirt, so warm under a blue sky. Jack Frost only living on in the shade. :)
16janwalk004.jpg
16janwalk005.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We've got nothing. It's cold, but it hasn't even been frosty. Paths are dry, ground is drying out, everything's budding, birds are pairing up, and according to the Scottish weather forecast on the news a little while ago it's just going to be more of the same for us tomorrow and over the weekend.
That aerial shot that shows a white covered British Isles has a green triangular shaped area right over South Lanarkshire.
T'would have been fun to have snow though.

Stay safe :)

M

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
These guys have some to spare :)

Norilsk is a northern Russian city in the Krasnoyarsk region. It has been heavily snowing for some days there and now the city is under the thick blanket of snow.

After abnormal snowfall

I hope it's nice, clean, white snow... Noril'sk and Dudinka used to get nasty grey snow sometimes, from the pollution from the nickel smelters...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE