Where is winter?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The wind is certainly cold but once that eases off it's really mild around here.

I'm busy for the next few weekends anyway so hoping it'll turn by the time I'm out next.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Is there any truth to the rumour that winter was being delivered by Yodel? Have you looked in the bins, the shed and checked to see whether it's been left with the neighbours?

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
My Brother was up visiting recently so took him to one of the beaches i camp at,only to find two massive landslides had erased the usual route down,the last year has been the wettest here in the 7 years weve lived here.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
My Brother was up visiting recently so took him to one of the beaches i camp at,only to find two massive landslides had erased the usual route down,the last year has been the wettest here in the 7 years weve lived here.

Is that the path we used Andy?

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Yesterday here the weather was drizzle and fog, today it is fog and drizzle. The temperature is 10+ degrees celcius the whole time.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I can remember plenty of warm winters but I'm struggling to recall one which was so consistently warm and wet. Not even a hint of proper cold at all so far. Still, early days, I suppose.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've just been looking at a few 7 day forecasts, it looks like this time next week it'll be cooling down again in most parts. Scotland is looking at around 0*c with light snow for Friday.

The strong westerlies are dying off with colder north easterlies coming down from Scandinavia

It's a start at least

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I've just been looking at a few 7 day forecasts, it looks like this time next week it'll be cooling down again in most parts. Scotland is looking at around 0*c with light snow for Friday....

???? We're getting near that (or even lower) here in north Florida at night! No snow though.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
..........................................................................................................
oldman.gif

:27: I'm trying to sleep.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I've read warnings of an impending harsh winter based on the profusion of berries every year of recent times. Some winters were harsh, some warm.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE