UK's largest stag shot dead on Exmoor

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
seems to me there are more holes in this discussion (on either side) than were ever put into the stag .... won't stop it coming round again though, will it?

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
seems to me there are more holes in this discussion (on either side) than were ever put into the stag .... won't stop it coming round again though, will it?

Yeah, just what I was thinking - both sides of this discussion seem to have missed the point entirely.

That's why I don't like getting into these discussions - I feel alienated from both sides because both sides contain sanctimonious and self-righteous know-alls. And it's hard to agree with those kinds of people, even when you agree with them.
Consider me out.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I think you hit the nail on the head CC. It was just an indentifiable individual so gained more personality in the public eye compared to all the others which look the same to 99% of the population. It's like naming one of your chickens... bad move.

Yup. Something like 350,000 deer are culled each year without anybody getting upset about it.

Thought we should have a picture in this thread of the magnificent beast he was...

article-1317755-0B77ED9D000005DC-408_634x516.jpg

For scale, if we say his antlers are about 3ft, a 6ft man would be pretty much looking eye-to-eye with him in suppose

Picture from this article...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1317755/Return-The-Exmoor-Emperor-Beast-biggest-wild-animal.html

Don't have a major problem with it myself, however perhaps he should have been allowed to finish this years rut? (Having said that I'm no expert in deer management / husbandry)

Last edited:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Thats not him, its a lookalike, he has twelve and rotates them through the year on a bi weekly basis, the man hiss self is livin it up down in Acopulco, its true a "wildlife expert" heard two shots, then when he went to investingate he saw the king of deers standing over a sika who knew to much!! beware the sika the snitch of the deer world,

Tenderfoot
Dec 9, 2009
england
Are you a member of PETA by any chance?

Never heard that one before. Perhaps you could tell me wat contributions to 'nature' the fox makes? The cat? How should I go about performing such an assesment?

Steady on old chap you'll do yourself an injury.

So you're saying death or unconciousness (and subsequent dispatch) from a well placed supersonic bullet is an unacceptable way to kill an animal? Perhaps death from disease, starvation or due to injuries sustained in a RTC would be preferable?

Out of interest '1234', how old are you?

i am a animal lover as you can probably tell and have put some points across in an extreme way. if i feel strongly about something i will say so
i have every right to do this as its my opinion, im not trying to purposely offend people so i apologies if i have
but i stand by what i say

its not the death of an animal that is a problem its that someone is purposely going out there to kill something for fun, that why i refered to them being like a serial killer, being sick and twisted etc
to go around killing animals for fun is exactly what a serial killer does and humans are still animals ( highly educated ones but we are still part of the animal kingdom)
and the sick bit was because we have highly developed brains and we've been educated enough ( more than an animal, say a cat for example) to know that that killing things for fun is cruel and uncalled for

i have no problem someone killing for food as long as you do it respectfully and humanely

age has nothing to do with someone's opinion

all this is my opinion and even if you think im talking [edited for language],unrealistic, hypocrite etc etc i couldn't give a [edited for language]

i am now done with this subject and this forum
goodbye
:sadwavey:

Last edited by a moderator:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Fair enough 1234, if you feel like that its you right, but its the same every one of us has to our own thoughts and feeling, so dont be supprised when someone reacts to your posts as passonatly as you have reacted to theres, its the reason for discussion, if you just walk away then whats the point of any conversation, chin up chap and crack on,i dont think you should leave though,

Southey

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
age has nothing to do with someone's opinion
I was curious is all. However since you've brought it up, yes it does. That's why under-18s aren't allowed to vote. I'm going to guess... 14.

all this is my opinion and even if you think im talking [edited for language],unrealistic, hypocrite etc etc i couldn't give a [edited for language]
Says it all really doesn't it.

i am now done with this subject and this forum
goodbye
:sadwavey:
I suspect we'll hear from you again, probably under a different alias.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I second that. We should all be eating venison three times a week, given how much of the stuff is out there..

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
I second that. We should all be eating venison three times a week, given how much of the stuff is out there..

correct me if i'm wrong but isnt venison a very lean and healthy meat to eat? i managed to get some off my g/f's mum who works for the occado staff shop, i've never had it before and it was fantastic stuff! shame about the price tag though :(

BushEd

Nomad
Aug 24, 2009
Herts./Finland
ThinOutTheirNumbers.gif

Mmmmm, we're environmentalists...

As soon as these topics come up, the facists reveal their black and white colours.

But I will say there are few groups on earth more full of [edited for language] than the hunting lobby :D :D :D :240: lets all hug trees and mate with bears.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE