Tipi price down (again)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kane

Forager
Aug 22, 2005
UK
Left ours up all through last years summer school holiday - got battered by kids, wind and rain - stood up to it fine and the water that got in was under the doors - little mod to add some velcro this year I think - we didn't get a chance to stay out in it mind but fingers crossed this year should do it (probably just in the garden though :()

kram245

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
suffolk
Although we have an Arran Tipi, i finally snapped when they got to £29! Wife has told me its arrived, and the kids want us to christen it this weekend. Frankly, you cant go wrong at this price. Interesting it has been mentioned the material is lightweight, i imagined it being thick and not too technical.

Brendan

Nomad
Dec 1, 2004
Surrey UK
Two adults with kit is comfortable IMHO, four people at a push, the sides are not steep so you should stay away from the edges if condensation is building up.
There are some pics on the other threads if any one wants a look.

Don Redondo

Forager
Jan 4, 2006
NW Wales
kai055 said:
i have one of these tepees and there great, but they need to be modded

put mine up today for the first time, in 40knots of wind and it stood up fairly well to it.

first impressions - as my g/f said 'Nice summer tent'. had to agree. out there in the cold and wind with rain in the air I had the feeling that kipping in it would have been at best cold and draughty, at worst, cold draughty and wet.

It needs modding. the groundsheet does'nt seem worth it, so that will go possibly to be reshaped into something with an upstand and even a cotton semi inner. loosing 6" all round to form the upstand wont be a loss, there's loads of room. I think the windows will go too - neither use nor ornament.

Since I wont be having a fire inside I wonder if some sort of a-frame porch could be grafted on..........

kram245

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
suffolk
Me and the kids slept out in ours last night. We were on the western edge of a pine copse, just by the house. The evening was bright with little wind, but about 03.00 it really picked up, with squally rain. Wind was coming from the west/south west direction, so hiting us before it got to the copse. I got up to check the guy lines, but to be honest, the teepee felt solid as a rock ( felt no different from our Arran 5 to be honest) and inside was quite a nice place to be. Kids are still asleep in there now, i nipped in for a cuppa before 6. Condensation is as expected from using our other teepee, made of lightweight materials, bit above our heads less on the rest due to the steep slope no drips.As for mods i can see the attraction of taking a lightweight, roomy shelter that you can manpack ,take canoeing, but the arran covers those bases. i'll leave as it is i think, as the price we paid, the kids can muck around in it in the garden, but its definatly up for more than that.

kai055

Forager
Dec 29, 2006
Hornchurch
they can be modded to be better like without the ground sheet and stuff like that,

look on 1 of brendans threads and he has some pics of what hes done coz i would like to do some as well

Tutchi

Forager
Nov 15, 2005
Scotland
Hi Guys
just a heads up on these. Only ones available are in local stores (if in stock) I was notified today there are no more available from Millets online. The £29.99 price is not discounted at local stores. £39.99 is the price. Have been phoning round the big Scottish stores and think I have managed to source one. They are ringing me back on it etc. The grandkids were hyped up with the idea of it so I will pay the higher price if I can get it so as not to disappoint them.

Tutchi
:cool:

filcon

"Neo-eisimeileachd ALBA"
Dec 1, 2005
Strathclyde
Picked up a tipi for £24.99,only 2 left in scotland. Thanks to scottishwolf for thread ., Could do with some ideas for heating ,test it out at the weekend. cheers fil

drliamski

Sep 11, 2006
East London
Anyone got one of these they would like to sell
I rang all the locals, and not so locals but it seems there are none,
you never know!
Liam

GoatBoy666

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2005
West London
If anyone lives near SW London, there two left in Kingstons branch. I bought mine today for £39.99. They have been there for a few weeks now, so finally had to buy one. Damn my kit craving. :D

robadams

Forager
Aug 19, 2004
Hampshire
Just showed the pics of the tipi on the millets site to my wife.
Got told I have far too many tents and I can't have another one.
I shall just have to settle for staying in a proper tipi at a youth hostel in the summer.

Oh well.

D

Deleted member 4605

So gutted I missed out on one of these, but not enough to pay what they're asking on eBay!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE