I'm back! It's been a long time

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Hi everyone
It has been a long time since I was on this forum, I wonder who may still be here and still uses a monkey boy stove lol.
I thought I would send out an update of what I have been up to over the past few years as it has been some ride.
I can't quite remember when my last post was, but I am pretty sure that I was living down south in bracknell at the time. In 2018, I had to have my heart valve replaced again, but this time for a mechanical one. As you can imagine, going through something like that puts life into prospective.
Once I had recovered, me and the wife decided to sell everything and bought ourselves a small holding in Aberdeenshire, in fact we made a TV show with Kate Humble about it "A country life for half the price season 1 episode 6" in case you are interested
The timing couldn't have been better, as we had just move before the first lockdown. We now own 1 ache where we keep chicken, goats and bunnies and we have also set up a own poly tunnel to grow our own food, what a learning curve that has been.
I have had more time to explore, go on adventures and work on my projects since moving here, more than I ever did down south. Here are just a handful of things I have been up to: Canoeing, I have been paddling some of the most scenic rivers and lochs to be found around here, my favourite being the river spey; hiking, most weekends I hike a new trail and bimble up the hills, there are so many I keep finding new ones; and backpacking, I have walk several long trail including the Dava way, speyside way, deeside way and much more.
Having the rights to roam allows this adventurer to go wild camping without looking over his shoulder.
I have also been working on several projects that allows me to practice some crafts. As some of you may already know I still make the occasional knife here and there, I do a bit of leather work and dabble in a bit of woodcraft. Last year I finished building my dream canoe and she paddles beautifully, in fact here is a video of the build:
be sure to give me a sub. (if not allowed then feel free to remove the link.)
I have also built a small homegym in one of my stables, yes I do use it lol.
I have also been out foraging quite a lot, and there is abundance of ramsons growing about 1 minute from my property, I stink of wild garlic at the moment lol.
Well guys I thought I would send out an update to let you know that I am still alive and living the dream.
What does the future hold? Well in September I am doing a personal expedition, and will be exploring the amazon jungle for 2 weeks. It will be just myself and my guide on this trip, so watch this space for the story

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Welcome home - it sounds like you have had quite a ride in the meanwhile!
Thanks John it's great to hear from you again. It has been a bit of a ride. You will be glad to hear that I am still using the dragons breath flint and steel, it comes with me on my canoe trips.

Reactions: John Fenna

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Welcome back mate, not long been back on here myself after a break, good to hear from you again, still have my Monkey Boy stoves and looking forward to using them when i get fit again.

Reactions: monkey boy

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Thank you everyone, it is nice to hear from you all again. Also my door is always open if you ever decide for a Scottish adventure.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Welcome back mate, not long been back on here myself after a break, good to hear from you again, still have my Monkey Boy stoves and looking forward to using them when i get fit again.
I have been following your projects of Facebook, it will be nice to catch up again sometime

Reactions: Kepis

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Hey Sammy! Sounds like you're thriving up there - great to hear; so pleased you're doing well. Yep, saw that show with Kate Hoey AND I have an MB stove!!
Best wishes to you and yours,
Dave
Hi Dave, it's great to hear from you, its been a long time. If you ever want to plan a trip to Scotland, check in and let me know

Reactions: Dark Horse Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE