Swedish Army snow smock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
Looking good twodogs.I like the wool blanket shirt idea to go under the smock. I may do the same. I made some wool blanket leg overs that work well, I think i might make a wool blanket under suit now,You have given me the idea after all their are not many garmants that are as warm as old thick wool blanket and the cost will be minimum. Have you thought about a capote for a outer coat instead of a down. I still think a down jacket will be a lot warmer and lighter, but a wool capote would be cheap to make and double as a extra blanket if it is needed. Wool blanket can have the frost beaten out of it and you would not have to worry about sparks from the fire burning it like you would down. Just sharing my thoughts for the benefit of the forum. I not telling any one to go to the artic dressed as a mountain man but the idea certainly appeals to me.18thCsnowshoescout006.jpg702f_1.jpg

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I certaintly don't need another jacket but I'm sure I have one of these smocks somewhere and I love the retro action man look.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Without wishing to hijack the thread what is the point of the fur ruff? I'm not anti just curious what it adds to a hood, I see the US still have fur ruffs for their kit.

Ben98

Forager
Jun 30, 2010
West Yorkshire
They both look great! :-D
So much so, I'm gonna get one, but I see they come in sizes, 1, 2 and 3
Which is the smallest?
Thanks
Ben

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk 2

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Just finished my wool blanket shirt to go under my snow smock :),
Didnt want green so it was an oatmeal flavour wool blanket , washed and cut to shape using a old fleece as a pattern just made it longer,

Edged with a light weight cotton canvas.

The main thing I learnt was dont stich a arm on inside out as you then have to remove it ,, arrrrrgghhh and restich it ,

002_zpsa6c7c285.jpg

Twodogs

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE