Swedish Army snow smock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Like the hanging loop (will add one to mine) I also like the "D" ring idea. may put one on the breast pocket of mine.

Think I put a thread on the mods I did..... Will see if i can find it, may be of some use

some pics on here

Last edited:

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
THat's looking really good. The red dye is spectacular - unusual for it to take so well. Guess following instructions really helps!

I think I've got a British Army equivalent tucked away somewhere - any thoughts on that one?

I now sure if the Brit one cotton Andy?

Unless it the very old type?

Twodogs

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I now sure if the Brit one cotton Andy?

Unless it the very old type?

Twodogs

I'll check it out when I get home (if I can find it!). Seem to remember it being cotton though, and very similar in shape to the button-front Swedish one. Got the trousers too.

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Can't wait to see this in orange. I had an orange pair of denims I dyed back in the day when I was a punk, they got some looks I can tell you! The hood mod is a useful one...

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Looking forward to see the result. The cuffs on mine are so tight I cant button them up. They are obviously made for puny swedes:cool:

Rather than filthy rich Oil Sheiks I guess...
ani_biggrin.gif

Twodogs

Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Finished the cuffs last night :).

The original cuffs are a bit odd I thing thay were designed to close onto the battle dress of the day?

002_zps3ebd51cc.jpg

I removed the cuffs and edged it with cotton webbing this will be covered with some braid at a later date,

003_zpsee276aba.jpg

Being a size C60 the arms are long enough for me to do this mod without having to extend the arms ,
So a more modern velcro and tab set up was the order of the day .

008_zpsaed91a72.jpg

009_zps1ede99c5.jpg

007_zpsf6b5fe3f.jpg

005_zpsc04940c2.jpg

004_zps96956726.jpg

Now its in the wash to prepare for the dye ;)

Twodogs

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Silly question here Cliff, are you hand stitching all this or using a machine? I hand stitch due to lack of machine and guess you do the same but your hand stitching is far tidier than mine!

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Patience of a saint! Mine starts off nice and goes astray the longer I have to do it usually. Good stuff Cliff, get the surgical spirit on those fingertips to harden them up!

Twodogs

Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
The dye went on well :),

A couple of washs before to make sure the cotton is totaly wet.

003_zps94c21209.jpg

Went for the 1970s Action man look with this one ,

005_zps0eb83313.jpg

Heres both together ,

008_zpsf92a8555.jpg

Still a bit to do ,,, ;)

Twodogs

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE