Swedish Army snow smock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
No mate only single , it was a test to see if I could make one really ,,,

Twodogs
I like the collar it is like a sami collar it will work well venting moistura and heat.If you get chance it will be well worth making a head over neck warmer from the same wool blanket. Mine worked very well but a good tip from wayland cut the blanket on a diagnal from the weave so it can stretch.

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
please tell us more...
Ok basicly they are two pieces and just slide on each leg and attach to your belt. They have no crutch or waist and are like cowboy chaps, thay are made of wool blanket and i normaly slip them on at night. The same way you would put on a down jacket or capote when cold. They would work in the artic well i think as another layer they are very warm and easy to take of if you need to cool down. trosers.jpegMakng them is straight forward. If you make a template that way you can adapt the template then draw round it. I thinK i will pick the stiching of a old pair of trousers and draw round the pattern straight on to a wool blanket, sew it all together add a draw string and have a pair of trousers money can't by. I also think it might be good to have vents at the sides, running down to my kness which open and close. I made a pair of salapets (dungarees) that work well i made them from wool army trousers, i just added a bib, back and braceses. They work well crating a chimney effect to vent moisture and heat, also thay are loose, remember everything must fit loosely. A strap or belt will create cold spots and trap moisture big and baggy is the way to do it. So add a bit on when making anything just in case. I also have made wool boot liners double thick that work as spares. Wool blankets are the cheapest and one of the best things i think. I hope ive helped Corso.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE