Swedish Army snow smock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
I have been after one of these for some time ,

You know the one over the head type :)

007_zps7ab86646.jpg

Anyway being a big bloke I need Swedish size C60 a Size 3 maybe the same I dont know??

The C60 is a 60 Inch chest :) nice and big ,

006_zps109eee6c.jpg

I have long list of Mods that I want to carry out so here we go with number one ,

A flat pocket in each lower pocket for compass and foil blanket and a tie point in each pocket for pocket knife , fire steel and whistle ,

002_zps4d1a9aa5.jpg

Theres a load more but you have to start somewhere :p

I will post them as and when :)

Twodogs

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Looking forward to seeing what you do with it Cliff. Great smocks being made even better, gotta be worth tuning in to...

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
The idea with those small rings is a good one!

I'll shamelessly copy it from you... ;)

Those kangaroopouches aren't bad either in those oversized pockets, but I'll go for an insulated chestpocket.

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
Nice to see you have one of the sweedish snow smocks Twodogs have you got the trousers i found them to be very good.Are you going to add a real fur ruff if so i know fox and mink work well :) ... I like the attachmnt point idea for your pockets i think i will add some to my smock on the chest for attaching mittons.Maybe a small pocket on one of the arms for a compass or time piece you have got me thinking now:) ...

Twodogs

Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Morning Steve :)
Yes I have had a look at Barry Smiths thead on his site , Crackin stuff and some bits I will blag ;),
Pockets are now on inside the lower pockets now and its wash day so its going though the wash a couple of times to get rid of that surplus smell :p,,,
Then its on to the next bit ,,,,

Twodogs

Last edited:

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
I was very inspired by Ron's thread, and now this.
My smock (or anorak as I prefer to call it) arrived in the mail the other day, but I haven't had time to start working with it yet.
I will follow this thread with interest.

Twodogs

Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Right the smock has now been washed and no longer smells of storage ,,

Tacked on a hanging tab so in use you dont get snow in the smock ,

001_zps8e36ced0.jpg

I dont like these cuffs so tommorows task will be to unpick them ,

002_zps3ebd51cc.jpg

The wait begins now for some strong thread and some other bits I have ordered before I can carry on ,,

Twodogs

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Nice thread Cliff, looking forward to seeing what you come up with, Adding the pockets and hang loop will be shamelessly stolen by me too.

I just read Barry's site, I've done all those mods to mine and they worked well in Sweden.

Some ideas to make them better though- make a Y shaped head adjuster instead of the single strap-it makes the hood a better shape.

Adding male and female cordlocks to the hood cinch cord made the ruff work well as a furry scarf and cinched the neck well, nice when the snow is blowing but its too warm to wear the ruff over the head. I did this with Velcro last year and that also worked well.

I pushed some copper welding wire (ends bent over to stop them piercing the fabric) into the hood cinch cord channel so I could alter the shape of the hood and the fur ruff. It made a big difference to the floppy ruff. Nice to have a bit of wire handy too :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE