Rough Close ~ Midlands ~ September'11 Meet.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Many thanks again to Phil for organising.

Lots done this weekend,

Wild food/ Shroom walk.

Net needle making session.

Fire by flint and steel session.

Hammock Set up demo.

I was assisted in burning in a load of Fire bow sets for an upcoming demo:

Chad burning in some Ivy:

bowdrillchad.jpg

Chad Hand Drill:

handdrillchad.jpg

Laurence:

bowdrilllaurance2.jpg

We managed to get 2 new Twisted Fire starters:

Lee:

bowdrilllee1.jpg

bowdrilllee3.jpg

bowdrilllee5.jpg

Karl:

bowdrillkarl2.jpg

bowdrillkarl6.jpg

bowdrillkarl7.jpg

Great to see lots of new and old faces.

Thanks to all that made it. :)

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
Mental note to self when doing the Fire Dance Of Happiness move away from the Paracord holding up Martin's Shelter.

Great meet guys thoroughly enjoyed it. Cheers Phill for organizing it.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Great pics Martin, thanks for sharing. The look on Lee's face says it all, congrats to him and Karl!

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Yep - good weekend again and the sessions added a new element, giving an opportunity to learn even more stuff than usual (no pics as forgot my camera - and not yet worked out how to download pics from my camera)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Great meet... had a really enjoyable time seeing old and new faces around the campfire :) Sadly no pics from me this time as I forgot to bring my camera :eek:

Thanks to Phil for facilitating it so well as usual and to Wayland for the use of his chute over the communal area :D

As Wayland said the mini workshops worked well and people seemed to enjoy them also. Hopefully they'll become a new addition to future meets, fingers crossed.

As for chiggers... so far just 2 bites but time will tell

Last edited:

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Awww guys, we had the most excellent time, thank you, everyone, soooo much for your wonderful reception of the noobs! We've come away with so much inspiration, chuckled at so many good tales overheard at the fire, received much needed and very sensitivly given advice....and lovely momentos which will be used frequently and with fond memories of a first meet. I was glad the sun was smiling on the righteous today for you :)

Your informal workshops were brill, everyone had their own lil revelation moments 'shroom walking and fire starting. Thank you especially for the forebearance shown as I repeatedly performed my amazing spider-on-acid dance and song routine over your guyropes!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE