Rough Close ~ Midlands ~ September'11 Meet.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MJM1

Forager
Feb 2, 2011
Stourbridge
Thanks everyone for a great meet.
Gary, I still owe you some cider, sorry, I only remembered once I got home and started unloading the car. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Thanks to all those old and new who made it up, down and across. Definately a good one ~ I think scheduled* workshops might become a feature; but not necessarily for each and every Meet.

I've no doubt that those who weren't able to make it will take advantage of future opportunities :cool: and the next RC Meet will be the TORM Meet from 11 to 13 November.

* in addition to the spur of the moment ones :cool: .

... another great meet. Good to see old and new faces

Indeed :lmao: ...

scouts_be_prepared.jpg

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
My sympathies go to those who've been chigger feasted ~ they got me a fortnight ago.

But they left me alone last weekend ~ woo-hoo!

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I didn't have my camera with me at the weekend and so couldn't take any pics (apart from those with my phone but can't work out how to download them yet, and I forget to use it anyway most of the time - a phone is for making phone calls - right?).

One of the workshops was run by Steve (Mesquite) on making a 'net needle'.

I attended and he showed some new knife carving techniques that I hadn't tried before. My efforts were pretty poor by everyone else's standards but at least this will give you some idea of what a net needle looks like

CIMG6170.JPG

(I didn't deliberately make the photo blurred but thinking about it is is probably just as well as ......)

I need to emphasise that Steve gave very clear instructions so all the wonky lines etc are all down to my (lack of) knife/carving skills

Steve also gave an impromptu demo on how to use a net needle to make nets. Too fiddly for me but was something that i liked to see being done.

So thanks again Steve.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
OMG it worked!! I'll apologise now if I'm loading the thread too much or there's 4 copies of the same pic- I think my issue was using Opera browser...
295904_2270582998502_1066438695_2615130_1326056138_n.jpg

So thats the fly agaric from our wonderful 'shroom walk, highlight being watching young Wayland shinning down a ditch on an edible plucking mission :)
314034_2270582158481_1066438695_2615127_1190557343_n.jpg

And during the most interesting walk and talk- much gratitude to our esteemed teacher!
317594_2270582518490_1066438695_2615128_791189156_n.jpg

I opened a thread on what I heard refered to as a star of david fire, but subsequently learned was the swedish candle- we brought one for saturday burning and were sooo impressed! Made not a mark :)

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
fantastic meet, has a great time.
Martyn thanks for the pics, and for the lesson on the bowdril, it was something i always wanted to achieve, and now i can tick that one of.
and thanks to Phil for organising it.
take care.
lee.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Thanks for a great time everyone!
I particularly enjoyed the fungi walk and the banter!
I reserve thanks to Decorum as when he met up with me at the trade show we both attended on Mon he interupted a long, deep conversation I was having with Ray Mears ...by sqeezing my bum!
Phil then went on to take over the conversation, grab autographs etc...and Ray found it necessary to run away from the bad jokes!
However Phil did return my ridgeline which I had left behind when I hastily broke camp ...so I guess he gets my thanks after all! :)
Cheers
to all!

Me and Adam had a fantastic time as usual. Adam got chiggered again but I got off with 4 mozzi bites on my face and hand and a couple of midgie type bites behind my ear.
It is a small price to pay I explained to an itching Adam and he agreed and asked when the next meet is.
Thanks to everyone for a great meet.

Priam

Forager
May 24, 2011
Cheshire
Decorum "I've no doubt that those who weren't able to make it will take advantage of future opportunities :cool: and the next RC Meet will be the TORM Meet from 11 to 13 November"

Hi all, I would love to attend! When do you plan to start the sign up thread?

Priam.

PS What does TORM stand for??

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE