Rough Close ~ Midlands ~ September'11 Meet.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Meet date: 23 ~ 25 September 2011 ~ Arrival time is from 16:00 on the 23[SUP]rd[/SUP].

As per usual, the location is Rough Close.

Site fees are £4.40 per person per night ~ please see 'Helpful info' .
Please pay on arrival. If you haven't been before, someone will be able to point you in my direction.

Edits will be highlighted in red and italicised.

WE WILL NOW BE ON PC11 AND NOT ON LEADER TRAINING AS PREVIOUSLY STATED

In the pic below, the virtual 'campfire' placement pin marks the approximate position of the bottom corner of PC11. The BLUE line marks the approximate route of the track which leads to the main access point to the pitch.

I have put a couple of extra details onto the map ~ toilets, water etc and I'm leaving both RED and BLUE routes on for reference ;) .

Location info taken from the Rough Close website:

City of Coventry Scout County
Rough Close Scout Campsite
Tanners Lane
Berkswell
CV7 7DD

OS: Grid Ref: SP264779 (Site Access) SP266786 (Site Centre)

This is a child friendly site and your youngsters are welcome ~ please see 'Helpful info'.

Helpful info
:

The list isn't exhaustive - common sense applies. If in doubt, ask!
  • Any monies given (by individuals, groups, families etc) which is above the camping fees will be automatically considered to be a donation to Rough Close campsite to aid with site maintenance, site regeneration etc.
  • Forum members are responsible for themselves*, the kit they use and their own actions (and any non member accompanying them) at the Meet. * This includes meals and cooking. It is up to each registered member to make sure that they have enough suitable food for their stay and and also for planning/arranging for any replenishment if/as need be.
  • Under 18's must be accompanied by at least one parent (or legal guardian).
  • You brought it in, you take it out – camping fees do not include a rubbish collection fee ~ The sites bin is the big orange thing in the Camper’s Car Park.
  • When visiting others, do not leave your rubbish in their pitch (or in a communal area) ~ take it with you and dispose of it yourself. The sites bin is the big orange thing in the Camper’s Car Park.
  • Their is no communal bin in the Communal Area.
  • Responsible drinking of alcohol is ok – drugs are prohibited! Please don't walk through another groups pitch whilst drinking alcohol and/or smoking.
  • Please keep ‘colourful language’ reasonable and to a reasonable volume.
  • Vehicles need to be parked up in the campers car park.
  • Wood fires must be raised and contained. Periodically there is a shortage of wood available to burn - if you want to cook on an open fire, bring a supply of wood or charcoal.
  • Due to changes in site policy, we cannot cut down standing dead wood. The same goes for green wood ~ damaged or not.
  • It would be wise to be carrying a torch before it gets dark! It could also be provident to put markers on your shelter so you can find it in the dark.
  • In the highly unlikely event that I need to make use of this ... I reserve the right to stop any individual(s) from attending a Meet. Any individual(s) who I feel endanger our future use of the site will be required to leave the site; outstanding fees will still be owed.
  • Time remaining until the Meet.
  • The Old Hands would do well to keep an eye on our Social Group area for this one ;) .
  • Noise levels after 11 p.m need to be respectful of other campers desire to sleep at socially accepted hours.
  • Noise levels before 07:30 a.m need to be respectful of other campers desire to have a bit of a lie in.
  • Chopping (or crackin/snapping etc) wood at 'silly o'clock' is not acceptable. Please make sure that you prepare wood for the start of the next day well before dusk ~ and if you can't be sure, bring an alternative method of heating water/cooking.

The 'Touchy Subject' bit
:

Because the site is, first and foremost, a Scout camp site, the only people we can't accommodate are those who would, purposely or otherwise, do harm to others. Primarily, this means that if you would be found unfit to adopt or foster a child then you can’t come along – same goes for anyone knowingly under investigation or having had an allegation made against them and is awaiting investigation.

It's fine if you want to:
  • be on your own
  • lay on your back looking at the sky, clouds, birds flying over etc
  • whittle
  • practice 'stuff' - except tree felling; the site has strong opinions about that :lmao:
  • practice flora and fauna ID
  • so on and so forth ...
This is, in no way, a bushcraft course and it's for you to make of it what you will.

There will be one or more workshops available at this Meet. I
nformation of what/where/when etc and spaces/places on them will be made available at a meeting (aka Morning Prayers) to be held at 09.30 on Saturday Morning ~ attenence of Morning Prayers is in no way mandatory.
Please note that the 'Carve a Netting Needle' workshop is now full.

Copy and paste yada yada ...

Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.

decorum

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Nice one Phil :)

Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.

decorum
Mesquite

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes

decorum
Mesquite
udamiano
Wayland and Debs TBC
PeterH TBC

Priam

Forager
May 24, 2011
Cheshire

decorum
Mesquite
udamiano
Wayland and Debs TBC
PeterH TBC
Priam (TBC - I think i can fit this meet in!)

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton

decorum
Mesquite
udamiano
Wayland and Debs TBC
PeterH TBC
Sasquatch and possibly Joseph TBC

I haven't been able to make an RC meet for months so I'm really looking forward to this one. September meets have always been great from what I can recall, let's hope it's more of the same this year!

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire

decorum
Mesquite
udamiano
Wayland and Debs TBC
PeterH TBC
Elines

Spikey DaPikey

Feb 8, 2006
North West, near the land of the Pies

decorum
Mesquite
udamiano
Wayland and Debs TBC
PeterH TBC
Elines
Spikey DaPikey TBC

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com

decorum
Mesquite
udamiano
Wayland and Debs TBC
PeterH TBC
Elines
Spikey DaPikey TBC
Twodogs

MJM1

Forager
Feb 2, 2011
Stourbridge

decorum
Mesquite
udamiano
Wayland and Debs TBC
PeterH TBC
Elines
Spikey DaPikey TBC
Twodogs
MJM1

Lupin Rider

Mar 15, 2009
uk

decorum
Mesquite
udamiano
Wayland and Debs TBC
PeterH TBC
Elines
Spikey DaPikey TBC
Twodogs
MJM1
Lupin rider ( would be my first to RC!)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~

decorum
Mesquite
udamiano
Wayland and Debs TBC
PeterH TBC
Elines
Spikey DaPikey TBC
Twodogs
MJM1

Ohhh an RC newbie... this'll be fun :lmao:

We'll be gentle with you John:rolleyes::D Sue and the kids coming as well?

Last edited:

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I'd like to come please (another RC newbie)

decorum
Mesquite
udamiano
Wayland and Debs TBC
PeterH TBC
Elines
Spikey DaPikey TBC
Twodogs
MJM1
Treadlightly

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though

decorum
Mesquite
udamiano
Wayland and Debs TBC
PeterH TBC
Elines
Spikey DaPikey TBC
Twodogs
MJM1
Treadlightly
TinkyPete (TBC due to work)

Hope I can make this one, work dependent got a busy september month.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Amended as hopefully my mate Sean will be able to make it this time... :)

decorum
Mesquite + 1
udamiano
Wayland and Debs TBC
PeterH TBC
Elines
Spikey DaPikey TBC
Twodogs
MJM1
Treadlightly

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham

decorum
Mesquite + 1
udamiano
Wayland and Debs TBC
PeterH TBC
Elines
Spikey DaPikey TBC
Twodogs
MJM1
Treadlightly

Man of Tanith (on the subject of meets)
My wife struggled to understand why I'd want to meet men off the internet in the woods

Reply Reply With Quote .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday 23:23#16

TinkyPete

Full Member Nomad

Join Date: Sep 2009Location: uk mainly in the Midlands thoughPosts: 412

decorum
Mesquite
udamiano
Wayland and Debs TBC
PeterH TBC
Elines
Spikey DaPikey TBC
Twodogs
MJM1
Treadlightly
luckylee.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
:lmao: Lee, I think that we'd best have a tidy of that :lmao:

Meet List:

decorum
Mesquite +1
udamiano
Wayland and Debs TBC
PeterH TBC
Priam TBC
Elines
Spikey DaPikey TBC
Twodogs
MJM1
Lupin rider
Treadlightly
TinkyPete TBC
luckylee

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
:lmao: Lee, I think that we'd best have a tidy of that :lmao:

Meet List:

decorum
Mesquite +1
udamiano
Wayland and Debs TBC
PeterH TBC
Priam TBC
Elines
Spikey DaPikey TBC
Twodogs
MJM1
Lupin rider
Treadlightly
TinkyPete TBC
luckylee
lol, sorry bud.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE