"Possibles Pouch" whats in yours?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
No offense mate :wink:
Homework :roll: never did enough of that, rather went fishing, suffered later in life because of that though. Know what I mean? :wave:

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
mr dazzler said:
Homework :roll: never did enough of that, rather went fishing, suffered later in life because of that though. Know what I mean? :wave:
Yes. :) Me neither, rather want to go bushcrafting... :wink: But I get it done though! :D :biggthump. Favourite subject is english..... mmm.... :biggthump
Now where here: what can I do better in english? I mean, a lot of you are english, so I guess you know it? :roll: :wink:

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
Gary said:
possibles002.jpg

OK heres mine then - these few items are the essentials without which life might not be possible (hence the name possibles bag) - you might call it a 'crafters' survival kit then again you might not. :nana:

Everything else goes in a day sack but even then I still practice carry less by knowing more.

PS James I'll keep you to that!!

How do you carry your belt, do you have it in the belt loops or do have over?

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
Gary, I really like your belt pouch/blade combination. I used to carry a setup very similar, many years ago that was made of Buffalo, but as things like that go with me, I gave it away to someone in need.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Belt goes through trouser loops which is easy enough as I wear green army lightweight trousers.

RA it is a good kit and as I say means the essentials are on the thing I am likely to take off last - my trousers!

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
The question now is what possible pouch you have. I am in need of one, any reccomendations?

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Scott easiest thing is a small military pouch - first aid or otherwise, only problem with these is a little bulk.

Leather pouches are expensive - around the £65 mark for a quality one. But you get what you pay.

Or you can make your own - visit a charity shop buy an old leather case or some such and make one.

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
I'm currently looking for one of the round flap womens shoulder bags that's around 6" across so that I can convert it to a belt bag. One of these days the church or SPCA thrift shops will have one come up for sale.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
I may be able to get a couple like mine - the guy hand makes them, and the leather forming alone takes 24 hrs - but if there is enough interest it might be worth it as i could order in bulk.

Thoughts?

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
A good leather possibles bag or pouch is very traditional, has good eye appeal and like Gary said, is a good kit.

Gary, if I were living in your area, I'd be an owner of a fine pouch such as you are carrying.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Thanks RA - may be I'll make you a honoree Essex boy one day and send you a pouch as a gift! :biggthump Be good to see it at a pow wow!

And your right a good leather pouch is a thing of great beauty and more importantly it is a very personal thing which adapts to suit the owner - often reflecting the owners character - leather has that magical quality of continuing to live and change long after its host being has passed into dust. It develops character with age and with age becomes a cherished friend.

jakunen

Native
Gary said:
I may be able to get a couple like mine - the guy hand makes them, and the leather forming alone takes 24 hrs - but if there is enough interest it might be worth it as i could order in bulk.

Thoughts?
I'd certainly be intersted if the price was reasonable.
I have the kit to make my own but not the time...

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
It develops character with age and with age becomes a cherished friend.

Your right, leather gets better with age. I never see a real nice leather wallet in the shops, only ones that belonged to others! If anyone here or at BB could make me a wallet i'm sure i'd be very willing to buy! (not this month though, may have to wait until next payday!).

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
OK as we know quality doesnt come cheap - I have spoken to the guy and he is willing to produce them but the price will be £50 plus £2.00 for postage. This is much cheaper many other possibles pouches out there.

possibles002.jpg

That is for the pouch pictured with the brass sam brown stud, all hand made and stitched.

I must point out this isn't a Bearclaw item guys and as such has nothing to do with Bearclaw - so anyone interested?

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
This one,s easy!

The only thing it contains, is one of the wifes ramekin dishes.
T,job is still under construction and thats what I,m using for a mandrel.

Now, what happened to my creme caramel!

Seagull

M

Metala Cabinet

I'm surprised he left out the wheelbarrow to carry it all in

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE