Possible meet in Ayrshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
That's great news guys, looking forward to seeing you there, and looking at yer battle scar Russ LOL. I can't get hold of Morch to get the firepan or to find out if he's coming so, I have a little cheap tin BBQ pan which will have to do. It's not as big as Russ's monster but it should work small as it is unless I can find something bigger by tomorrow, sorry folks.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Stoo there will be logs and stuff lying around as they have been thinning out recently but it all may be a bit green. I'll be bringing along 2 or 3 bags of dried logs and maybe see if I have any charcoal left. Nagual your only talking about £6 for the weekend, surely you could manage that. Sorry you can't make it Mark it would have been great to see you and Beth again, say Hi to her for me.

Sorry Sniper, but when you're talking the difference of buying food this week or attending the meet, while I'd love to come, there simply isn't a choice. £6 may sound like a small sum of cash, but when you haven't got even £1 spare it is a lot. If you could phone the mortgage company for me and explain ..:lmao:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
This isn't charity, 'cos that hurts sense of self, it's plain common sense.

If you can get down you come along and pitch in with the rest of us. This weekend is on your doorstep and it's a cracking deal that Sniper and Barn Owl have organised :approve:
A extra few pennies from those who can manage it will cover the fees, and if you're flush next time you can help cover someone else's when they're low.
We've all felt the pinch one time or another.

Come and join the company, help out with the clean up and be welcome.
Besides, getting out and meeting folks is a good way to take your mind off your troubles.

atb,
Toddy

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
Reet then. I've just talked Eric Methven into coming so;-

OK time for an updated list.
Sniper
Scottishwolf
Gill
Morch
Scout
Mischief
Toddy
Big Geordie
Windward
Wayland
Treeclipper
Nagual
Barn Owl
Alpha Centaur
Korvin Karbon
Freespin
Doc
StJon
ScottForsythe
Chainsaw
Hugh Forsythe (Scotts dad)
Inthewids
Woods_man
webbie ( work depending )
andy_e
Warthog1981
Nige7Whit
Dingus Magee
Peterlee Paddler
Eric Methven

I reckon we'll be there by 4 ish

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Nag, I'll cover your fees and I'll probably have some spare food and drink too.

Call it a tax on the English.

Hope we'll see you there.

I'll have my fire tray with me so if it's any bigger we can use that.

Fire_Rig02.jpg

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
We all bring more food than is needed Nag so come on down matey.
Thanks for the offer of the firepan Wayland I'll take you up on that if you don't mind, even if Morch arrives with the other one we will most likely need 2 anyway with the amount of folks coming. I'm really looking forward to this one, ooooh I could crush a grape I'm so excited. :red:

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
hi guys

well i managed to sort the delivery for today, so great i thought, wrong several boxes were NOT loaded onto the van :-( so i am having to wait for them to arrive :-( will for definate be there for the saturday night :)

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
He, he he! I was over the knock when Tony (Peterlee Paddler) asked me this evening if I fancied coming up with him. I didn't even know the meet was on. If there's room in his car, I'll chuck a couple of bows and some arras in. I'm just intending on having a chill out weekend as I've decorated the living room this past week, made some leather stuff, humphed furniture around and moved carpets and I'm knackered and need a break.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Eric

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
What a relaxing weekend, great weather and great company. Was good to finally meet more of you guys. It's a shame more people couldn't make it of course, but real life has an awful way of getting in the way sometimes.

The chat round the campfire was the usual sort of thing, sorting the worlds problems, which for some reason end up with me being a Roman Emperor, restarting the Colosseum and other various bits n bobs.. :D

Many thanks To Sniper for organising it, to Andy_e for my lift and to everyone else for making me feel more than welcome and at home at my first meet - so much so it felt like I'd been many times before and didn't feel out of place. Thanks to Eric for letting me play with arras and nearly scaring my arm with his whips ( we did get some odd looks from the Doggers didn't we? :p )

The ranger walk was good too, finally had someone point out various plants I've only read about but never been quite sure what they really looked like-funny isn't it that you can look at pictures of plants all day long and still not recognise them but when someone else points to one and says thats a Lady's Smock, you go "Ahh!".

Anyway, thats enough from your new Emperor :p No doubt others will be on later, and hopefully with lots of pictures that were taken.

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
Aye,

good weekend braw weather again, your allowed to pick more meet dates Sniper, thanks again for organizing, the park ranger was very helpful and interested in what we where doing

Got my first Bow drill ember although struggled with the fire piston, good weekend and great company.

Stoo.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Another great weekend it was for me folks, really chilled out, thanks to all that came, and sorry to all that missed it. The weather could'nt have been better and the company was truly superb. Many new things learned as usual and the spirit of the camfire shone brightly on all of us. It was great meeting all of the new faces to me and great to meet up again with old friends. The banter was brilliant as it always is, and the venue was certainly up to scratch. Could'nt have wished for a better weekend, my thanks to you all for coming and making it such a success. Hope everyone arrived home safely.

YOU FOLKS WELL :You_Rock_

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Heh told Tina about the Whip welts on my arm.. and got the 3rd degree on why and how they happened! All is well though, apparently I've to get a whip for her.. Eeeek!

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
Thanks to John for organizing it and thanks to everyone who was there for the witty banter and the informative conversation.
A thumbs-up must also go to the weather gods, that's three consecutive weeks of good weather for me in scotland :)

Tomorrow I'll check my memorycard and PM the photo's to those folk that featured predominantly in said piccies (Nagual and Stooboy trying the bow-drill spring to mind for two).
A good three days for sure.

Cheers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE