planning a canoe trip.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The Wye is a great trip but I would not go further than Monmouth, definitely not further than Tintern as it gets tidal and quite tricky .

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
This is my sons plans for a shelter using a canoe,we are planning a trip down the river Wye from Glasbury to Monmouth next year and he is getting into the spirit of it already.

jacks canoe shelter plans. by fishfish_01, on Flickr

comments welcome (he is only 11).
thanks for looking.

The spirit of drawing is most excellent, fishfish! The anticipation of the big canoeing adventure is definitely building. It brings to mind these words written by Rudyard Kipling:

"Who hath smelt wood-smoke at twilight? Who hath heard the birch-log burning? Who is quick to read the noises of the night? Let him follow with the others, for the Young Men's feet are turning Too the camps of proved desire and known delight! Let him go..."

rscornutt

Feb 12, 2014
Alabama, USA
That is excellent. My son is six and we have begun working with his own knife and basic bushcraft skills. I'm glad you will be able to share the experience.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE