quest for a new knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sorry to hear that mate, he sounds like a bit of a throbber

Sent from underground
he is... had a chat with him: after a pile of horse manure from him we reached the arrangement that he's getting the backpack (=sabre 45) for me when ordering some solar panels online over a nearby factory -- if that's just another load of bovine excrement it's "bye, bye"!
the knife sadly has to wait until i'm better off money wise (and figure out how to get one online as there's a very limited selection of brands in this country...)
what makes it even more frustrating is that -- after thinking i'd escaped successfully 30years ago-- i found myself back in school the last six months and was looking forwards to use some new gear on a planned overnight trip :-(

Reactions: gg012

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
I am sorry to hear it, unfortunately there are many people like that in life. More than happy to help with ordering/shipping something to you if that will make life easier, just PM me.

Sent from underground

I am sorry to hear it, unfortunately there are many people like that in life. More than happy to help with ordering/shipping something to you if that will make life easier, just PM me.

Sent from underground
thanks for your offer, but for now the quest for a new knife has to be (sadly) postponed: what limited funds i've at the moment will go towards finishing school (==getting a license as a tour guide) and some other projects...
knife wise i'll stick to the faithful version of the "mora companion" produced for "bahco" (which hangs on my belt as i'm typing) until i've more funds available

Reactions: gg012
I hate to think of you without a knife! I have a Ben Orford Woodlander, sitting doing nothing but looking for a home. If you'd like it, you can have it for the price of the postage to where you live. Let me know if you're interested.
now i'm speechless...
i returned earlier today from my first overnighter in god-knows how many years and now i'm just quickly checking my messages "at the office" and see the post above -- i was only planning to let you folks know what happened to my quest, but most definitely not expecting anything like the message above (especially given that due to my location i haven't met any other forum members in person)...

p.m. sent...

Last edited:
Reactions: Minotaur

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I hate to think of you without a knife! I have a Ben Orford Woodlander, sitting doing nothing but looking for a home. If you'd like it, you can have it for the price of the postage to where you live. Let me know if you're interested.
That’s incredibly generous of you ‘member previously known as Tiley’, and not the first time from looking at your posts. May karma bestow good things upon you. :35::emoji_yin_yang:

Springchicken

Aug 29, 2005
Northants.
Well, I know I have too much 'stuff' and, if there's someone out there with a legitimate need for something I've actually got but am not using, I reckon they should have it and enjoy it. It helps me, too, decluttering my house and giving a modest sense of satisfaction that someone is benefitting from kit that would otherwise sit there, surplus to requirement. That's it - pure and simple!

just_john

Mar 22, 2012
South Wales
Bloody hell, thank you for restoring my faith in humanity at a time when i have been really questioning things.

I hope life pays you back what you deserve and more ❤️

Last edited:
Really curious as to why?
the ones i used never made fire for me -wether it's my technique or the rods i've no clue -- and i'd be quicker at getting a fire going by just staring at a block of wood... i had also corrosion issues due to high humidity so i gave up and chucked mine into the trash long time ago...
aanndd i've gone entirely traditional on firemaking over a decade ago (folks always get excited when i demonstrate bowdrill but for me it's just daily routine :) )

just my personal opinion -- "live and let live"

Reactions: Minotaur

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
the ones i used never made fire for me -wether it's my technique or the rods i've no clue -- and i'd be quicker at getting a fire going by just staring at a block of wood... i had also corrosion issues due to high humidity so i gave up and chucked mine into the trash long time ago...
aanndd i've gone entirely traditional on firemaking over a decade ago (folks always get excited when i demonstrate bowdrill but for me it's just daily routine :) )

just my personal opinion -- "live and let live"
Thanks I wondered if it was something along those lines.

Reactions: forrestdweller

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Rare earth metals are known for their overpowering need to corrode and that greatly affects their ability to burn. The way to go probably would be an airtight box with a desiccant or possibly an oil inside.

Reactions: forrestdweller

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE