quest for a new knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
I’ll chuck a Casstrom into the mix.

Available as a blank too, but the orange G10 is a great option for your use and conditions.

I have often wondered about getting a Lars falt knife from casstrom- they look nice

seems it's already gone...

i also got a detailed reply from brisa to the email i sent them two days ago -- most likely i'll tell my european contact to get one for me (as soon as the elmax version is available again) :cool: (== size wise it looks more suitable for carrying baldric style than some of the other knives mentioned)

thanks for everyone's advice!

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I have often wondered about getting a Lars falt knife from casstrom- they look nice
I agree, looks like the sort of knife you can’t go wrong with really. Just very practical.

Smaller and very dainty in hand with its tapered tang, is the Safari. It’s an Alan Wood design for game prep, but it’s a very tidy little pack knife and would compliment that SFK really well. I keep one in my rucksack with a little stove and pot.

Reactions: MrEd and Stew

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
I’ve had a few Lars Falt knives. Very well made, decent sleipner steel, quality sheath. Just a little on the large side for my preference.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Casström No10
Casström Lars Fält
Joker Bushlore
Brisa Trapper 110
Morakniv Garberg stainless with leather sheath.
Something from Helle?

Last edited:
Casström No10
Casström Lars Fält
Joker Bushlore
Brisa Trapper 110
Morakniv Garberg stainless with leather sheath.
Something from Helle?
did joker change the name of the bushlore? (==if i type it into the search engine of their website it comes up without result...)
trapper 115 is also out of stock...

right now i'm drooling at the casstrom no10 in micarta... i can see a version in sleipner steel with kydex sheath...

alphaburner

Jan 17, 2014
Cork, Ireland
Fallkniven and Brisa are both doing Elmax knives now and that's where I be looking for a new knife. The R2 scout be be a little short for you but have a look.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Oh, yes! German internet shops are still full of the old name.

That knife is a Woodlore clone with less pronounced handle for a fraction of the price. It isn't easy to tell the differences to a Casström Lars Fällt knife.

Reactions: forrestdweller
Fallkniven and Brisa are both doing Elmax knives now and that's where I be looking for a new knife. The R2 scout be be a little short for you but have a look.
i was planning to get a brisa trapper95 (blank + scales ) but both trapper sizes are currently out of stock and won't be back (according to their email) until my contact returns from europe :-(
that fallkniven R2 does indeed look nice, BUT it's unfortunately a wee bit too pricey for me :-(

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
Since buying a casstrom lars falt last year its all I have been using. I highly rate it, have medium hands and it fits well. It has replaced my condor bushlore and esee 3 in use.

So much so I am considering buying a blade blank and having my own custom handle (probably micarta made from some jeans I have kept since dad passed away) and keeping it for my boy when he is a little older.

The BPS range of knives have also caught my interest and are well rated for a low cost.

Since buying a casstrom lars falt last year its all I have been using. I highly rate it, have medium hands and it fits well. It has replaced my condor bushlore and esee 3 in use.

So much so I am considering buying a blade blank and having my own custom handle (probably micarta made from some jeans I have kept since dad passed away) and keeping it for my boy when he is a little older.

The BPS range of knives have also caught my interest and are well rated for a low cost.
the casstrom no10 14C28N (as i'm living in humid climate and sleipner steel seems to require more maintenance) has made it on the top of my list -- currently there's only a few in stock so hopefully my european contact can grab me one :)

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I think that the stainless Morakniv Garberg with leather sheath is a pretty disaster proof option. But the Casström No10 is surely a very good choice.

The Garberg has the surely more robust tang.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
the casstrom no10 14C28N (as i'm living in humid climate and sleipner steel seems to require more maintenance) has made it on the top of my list -- currently there's only a few in stock so hopefully my european contact can grab me one :)
Fingers crossed then. They just look incredibly practical, I’ll be interested to hear how you get on with it.

conclusion of thread: as mentioned in post #1 the knife was supposed to be part of my payment working for someone and to be delivered upon return from europe --- after about six months of research (incl. asking you folks for advice) and enough bovine excrement from the guy i was working for i received a message about 4weeks ago that he was flying stopover the US and didn't know if he could bring me a knife... he returned yesterday with two carpentry saws and a crappy folding saw BUT no knife....
he was also supposed to bring me a backpack BUT a week ago he messaged me his bags were already full and he hadn't bought the backpack, yet... but he "promised" to help me from here...(==going to bring up the subject this afternoon) needless to say i'm somewhat furious as i've not only worked for nothing but also can't order stuff online + everything shipped to Costa Rica gets heavily charged by the government, meaning at least double price of what you folks pay :-( (+limited selection of gear available in shops compared to europe or Oz/ Nz/ Japan) --- currently i'm seriously considering leaving the place!

sorry for my rant but obviously i'm not particularly happy right now :-( !

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
conclusion of thread: as mentioned in post #1 the knife was supposed to be part of my payment working for someone and to be delivered upon return from europe --- after about six months of research (incl. asking you folks for advice) and enough bovine excrement from the guy i was working for i received a message about 4weeks ago that he was flying stopover the US and didn't know if he could bring me a knife... he returned yesterday with two carpentry saws and a crappy folding saw BUT no knife....
he was also supposed to bring me a backpack BUT a week ago he messaged me his bags were already full and he hadn't bought the backpack, yet... but he "promised" to help me from here...(==going to bring up the subject this afternoon) needless to say i'm somewhat furious as i've not only worked for nothing but also can't order stuff online + everything shipped to Costa Rica gets heavily charged by the government, meaning at least double price of what you folks pay :-( (+limited selection of gear available in shops compared to europe or Oz/ Nz/ Japan) --- currently i'm seriously considering leaving the place!

sorry for my rant but obviously i'm not particularly happy right now :-( !

Sorry to hear that mate, he sounds like a bit of a throbber

Sent from underground

Reactions: forrestdweller

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE