November's Weekend Away

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I have an entertaining contribution if we're talking movie night in the barn. The recent posts about Glen Dochart reminded me of it.

...can almost hear Doc cringing from eighty-odd miles away. :D

Glen Dochart....he's a folk singer isn't he?

I'm sure nobody wants to hear about that minor navigational error on the Dochart rapids.....:eek:

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi Dave, i,ve been hanging off to see if i could make this one but unfortunately won't be able to,as i will be in the outer hebrides for a week and a half. Anyway have a good one and i will try to make the next. All the best Stuart.

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
Really sorry folks but the laptop and projector is needed this weekend by SWMBO, she's been landed doing a course this Saturday so needs it for that.

Don't worry about it John, you'll just have to tell us all about it round the fire ;)

Hi Dave, i,ve been hanging off to see if i could make this one but unfortunately won't be able to,as i will be in the outer hebrides for a week and a half. Anyway have a good one and i will try to make the next. All the best Stuart.

Thats a shame Stu, but there'll be other meets i'm sure. Have a good time in the Outer Hebrides

Dave

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Just thought I'd mention that Nathan and I are planning a bit of ropework practice...
...in case anyone has a harness they'd like to pack.
It'll just be hanging around stuff - prusiking, abseiling past knots and the likes.

Should get there early afternoon. Hoping to swing by the farm on the way and raid it for for some whittlin' duty greenwood. It's less about whether I can be bothered and more about whether I can face leaving a car with a meetful of toys sitting alone for half an hour....:rolleyes:

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
ARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH bag packed, car keys found, hand on door handle, phone goes WORK and nopw i have the joys of meeting some idiot client who is proving to be a complete nightmare and giving pond scum a chance at entering Mensa.

Sorry guys but it looks liek i wont be making it :..( if i do it will be late and i will be adopting the hells angles camping technique, drink, fall over and sleep.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Just like to say a big thanks to Dave, Liz, and Nathan for yet another brilliant weekend, lots of toys to play with, air rifles and such with fancy scopes, binos, stalking scopes, night vision scope, and bows not to mention a certain demijohn of home made falling down water from chateaux de headache. Thanks to everyone who brought the kit to play with Doc, Groovski, Tripi, Gallaine, and of course Scotty for the firewater. Once again great company with some new faces joining us which is great to see. It's apparent that this is becoming more and more popular every time it happens. I don't know so much about ventile and goretex, some of us would have been better off with a wetsuit and a mask and snorkel (no names mentioned) but great fun was had by all.
Maybe next time we'll get a chance to do GBH to a banana and get to stitch it back up as promised by Doc, but even the dogs are learning stuff at these meets one peeling bananas and another doing it's impression of Houdini and singing "Who ate all the Pies". Thanks again to everyone who attended and making it another fantastic weekend.
Oh and not forgetting the new forest noises we heard like "Twang Thump" Bu**er it, I'll sort it in the morning!

Jul 22, 2008
dumfries
Thanks to everyone for coming new and old friends alike, I've never seen as many big boys toys that we could all played with. sorry about the pie eating dog. A great weekend thank you all
Liz

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
A great weekend - many thanks to Dave and Liz for making it all possible, and thanks to everybody for their great company.

Have to say that homemade Cornish pasties go down very well with the 2008 vintage Chateau Scotty.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Had a cracking time too. Many thanks Morch and Mischief and all the good ol' boys.

...and a special absentee cheers to Russ for the pegs. The wind on friday night was having a good go at sending the shelter northwards but it didn't stand a chance. :)

Great stuff! Looking forward to the next one. :D

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
Thanks to everyone who came, another great weekend.

Sorry for the fruit pie eating dog :rolleyes:

Thanks Russ for the pegs and the fire pit, made everything so much easier.

See you all soon.

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE