November's Weekend Away

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
its looking doubtful i can make it, getitng from airport to home, sort kit out and then drive down for the saturday before its pitch black is not looking good :-( admin and operations have been yelled at LOL

Gailainne

Life Member
Setting up in the dark is an art, but the basics are fairly easy, as long as you have a head torch and dont rush it. Anyway theres nothing stopping you biving under the parachute the first night, apart from not getting to sleep for a while cause of us lot :eek: talking to the sma hours.

Stephen

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
Setting up in the dark is an art, but the basics are fairly easy, as long as you have a head torch and dont rush it. Anyway theres nothing stopping you biving under the parachute the first night, apart from not getting to sleep for a while cause of us lot :eek: talking to the sma hours.

Stephen

true, i just have to see how it goes with timing really. if i was not leaving the van down south i would just kip in that LOL

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Sounds like Scott's coming along too.

I've fished out some old staves and off-cuts for burning. There's a couple of short yew logs that may be suitable for handle material or the likes. Anyone interested should get them quick before they go on the fire.

Gailainne

Life Member
Josh

I've bought a scythian horse bow, and about 1,000 arrows :eek: , but its not being posted till after the 15th weekend :( typical eh ! anyway I remembered I have a .22 springer so I'll bring that along.

Does everyone know this weekend will be the best time to see the Leonid meteors ? actually its the 17th Monday morning but we should (hopefully) see something.

Stephen

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
....but its not being posted till after the 15th weekend :(

Aw, my poor aching arrows. Remind me this time to put the wee target behind the big one to catch fliers. :)
Yeah, we should fit in a plinking session. It's easy enough when the archers are are up the bank to do both at once.

The 'chute has a little mesh skirt 8" wide or so round the edge. It's:
A: cute
B: will perhaps let a breeze through when the sides are up.
C: will perhaps be a pain.
Matters not really, we can trim them off in-situ.
Anyone have a bracenbit?
...for whittling up a bunch of toggles.

Gailainne

Life Member
Setting up the chute should be an interesting experience, if nothing else, brace n bit for toggles ?, surely thats whats a knife is for ?

This should be a fun and interesting spectacle, more fun, I've taken the friday off, so will arrive (I hope early) and not to pinch my,, eh the trippy clan non-flat area, :D I think bringing the car increases the options so I'll bring a few set-ups to play with, depends what the weather is like to what I'll actually use.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this, work has been a total bitch lately so a chill out weekend is deffinatley called for.

Stephen

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
The chute pegs are down there and theres spares 30 pegs in total and theres now a fire bowl to :rolleyes: :D

have fun Russ

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
I got my new Lofty Wiseman DVD in this morning and just wondering if there was some way of using my laptop & projector to show it on a wall or some surface for everybody to watch, mind you I need to check that it's up to expectations first. Do you have anywhere that might be suitable Dave, preferably undercover as laptops & projectors don't like it outdoors. What's peoples thoughts on this, if it can be done, any interest?

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
Sniper:

the next issue would be power for the projector. You could maybe project onto the rocks that the burn cuts through. All comes down to the brightness and contrast ratio. Indoors is the best and safest option.

If i could i would bring the 30 000 lumen projector i have just loaded into the van :)

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
I have an entertaining contribution if we're talking movie night in the barn. The recent posts about Glen Dochart reminded me of it.

...can almost hear Doc cringing from eighty-odd miles away. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE