North Wood extended meet, 30th June - 8th July 2012 country fair and barn dance

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
had a wander down to NW today,

access is a bit 'mushy' at the moment, lets hope it dries a bit for our dates. its all looking very lush in there :) you wouldnt recognise our old pitches! chatting to Robert it seems they have a corporate entertainment firm on board, (not the one thats based there) amongst the various attractions there are archery and air rifles ranges which might please some of the gang :D but i will also accommodate anyone who wants to plink or use a bow at our meet in a safe and secluded area.

sounds great steve :) i'll bring my rifle. will i be ok to have a go with my cattys and a pistol crossbow on the range too???

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
been giving our involvement a bit of thought, in order for us to have a gander down the farm ourselves, we need to offer any visitors a window to visit the primitives demonstrating :rolleyes: otherwise were stuck there all day and will miss out. they can of course wander in at any time, but i think we need to gear our demo's to suit us too. so...10 till 1 ? 1 to 3? etc, whats your thoughts?

1-3 will suit me for the fire demo.

if theres no more input on this im going to put a 2-4 on this bearing in mind access times to the farm event :)

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Do you require any signs knocked up- I can do A4 and encapsulate incase of inclement weather? Do you want me to bring my pig irons incase theres no convenient trees for your markings? Anything else that might help for us to bring n leave for the duration??

Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1.

indicate on the meet list your probable day of arrival just to keep track, and include this line in the paste

1. woodspirits
(Dates) Carving

2. NLW
(Dates) Work dependant. Hopefully both weekends - I'll think of something

3. MartinK9
(29 June - 8 July) General lethargy and tea making.

4. Davey569
(5 July - 7 July) (TBC)

5. Sasquatch & Joseph
(6 July - 8 July) Doing as little as poss due to current workload.

6. Priam +1 (TBC)
(29 June - 8 July) I will think of somthing - even if its just helping out or brewing up for the demonstrators. - Litter picking etc.

7.Karl82
(30 June - 8 July) Fire lighting modern and traditional flint and steel, bow drill and also different tinder and ember extenders.

8. Cliv
(29 June / 2 July & 6 July /8 July )

9. Bodge + Adam
(Dates) Oatcakes from scratch workshop. May need help with this in the way of shelter and a location with a useable fire.
(subject to not being on holiday) Not sure I'll make it now.

10. cowboy and cowgirl
(Dates) Ill have a think on something i can contribute!

11. andy t.
(Dates)

12. MJM1 (+ Wife and 3 year old daughter)
(6th July - 8th July) dates TBC

13. tinkypete
(Dates TBC)

14. Turbogirl and Youngling
(Fri 29-Sun1 then Fri 6th-Sun8th July) I'll prob demo spinning, might bring the wheel if the forecast is good

15. lucklee.
(Dates) ill do a leather work tutorial mate, a basic sheath from strat to end.

16. SimonD
(6th July-8th July) taking it very easy!!!!

17. Muddy Boots
(Dates) Bird watching

18. Outdoory ( + Ewein +1 TBA)
(Dates) Helping someone else and learning? Maybe Bodge and Adam?

19. Johnnyboy1971.
(29 June - 6 July) Traditional lazyness and guarding the woodpile.

20. Dwardo, Bowyery
(Dates) Fletching and how to miss with style (providing we have a safe target and permission) Need to think about staves and tools

21. jimbo75 and little bro!
(29 June - 01 July)

22. Tank
(Dates TBC)

23. Andy BB (dates TBC)

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Updated mu info for the meet. I may be coming and going a bit but hope to be there for most of the meet.

indicate on the meet list your probable day of arrival just to keep track, and include this line in the paste

1. woodspirits
(Dates) Carving

2. NLW

3. MartinK9

4. Davey569
(5 July - 7 July) (TBC)

5. Sasquatch & Joseph

6. Priam +1 (TBC)
(29 June - 8 July) I will think of somthing - even if its just helping out or brewing up for the demonstrators. - Litter picking etc.

7.Karl82
(30 June - 8 July) Fire lighting modern and traditional flint and steel, bow drill and also different tinder and ember extenders.

8. Cliv

9. Bodge + Adam
(Dates) Oatcakes from scratch workshop. May need help with this in the way of shelter and a location with a useable fire.

10. cowboy and cowgirl

11. andy t.
(Dates)

13. tinkypete
Will be there now as I have got my leave confirmed, but still on call if major incident happens, I bring along a range of stuff to talk and show on. Navigation and a few other things, will be bring quite a few books and stuff so people can have a read over the week if they want.

(Fri 29-Sun1 then Fri 6th-Sun8th July) I'll prob demo spinning, might bring the wheel if the forecast is good

15. lucklee.

16. SimonD

17. Muddy Boots
(Dates) Bird watching

19. Johnnyboy1971.

20. Dwardo, Bowyery
(Dates) Fletching and how to miss with style (providing we have a safe target and permission) Need to think about staves and tools

(29 June - 01 July)

22. Tank
(Dates TBC)

23. Andy BB (dates TBC)

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Do you require any signs knocked up- I can do A4 and encapsulate incase of inclement weather? Do you want me to bring my pig irons incase theres no convenient trees for your markings? Anything else that might help for us to bring n leave for the duration??

thanks Sal', already got a few signs sorted but a couple of your metal stakes would come in handy unless i whittle something up on site. :)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Can anyone tell me what time i can get in on friday.

Access

Access is from 1200 on the given date unless we have made prior arrangements to get in earlier. For security reasons the electronic gates will be closed overnight from 1900 to 0800 and all day Sunday, possible late or early arrivals feel free to pm me for the gate code. We will vacate the site no later than 1300. On whatever day the meet ends
The gate from the farm yard into the meadow must be kept closed at all times, if you open it you close it,
the fields on the approach to the wood are sometimes hired out to a private company. if on arrival there is any activity on the meadow between CP1 and the wood, and you need to unload or park your vehicle on CP2 or CP3, keep to the track and proceed with caution at 15mph

Not long for you Martin. I've got another week of work before I can get there :(

Awww bless, us oldies do have an advantage then.

Join the club Mike. I'm working like a rented mule up until next weekend. Roll on I say!

Rented and roll on are not two words I'd normally put in the same sentence.

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
thanks for that Martin :) looks like i will only be making the weekends. i'll drop the chute in on friday at some point. it may be that we have to park on cp2 just off the hard track, its do-able even in the wet as long as we keep vehicle movements to a minimum, and walk our gear into the lower end of the wood, but i'll update nearer the time.

steve

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com

1. woodspirits
(29-01, 6-8) Carving

2. NLW

3. MartinK9

4. Davey569
(5 July - 7 July) (TBC)

5. Sasquatch & Joseph

6. Priam +1 (TBC)

7.Karl82

8. Cliv

9. Bodge + Adam

10. cowboy and cowgirl

11. andy t.
(Dates)

13. tinkypete
Will be there now as I have got my leave confirmed, but still on call if major incident happens, I bring along a range of stuff to talk and show on. Navigation and a few other things, will be bring quite a few books and stuff so people can have a read over the week if they want.

15. lucklee.

16. SimonD

17. Muddy Boots
(Dates) Bird watching

19. Johnnyboy1971.

20. Dwardo, Bowyery

(29 June - 01 July)

22. Tank
(Dates TBC)

23. Andy BB (dates TBC)

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I will bring some mine tape Steve if you need to make off areas, orange and white so we can mark different things, also I will bring my map of the woods, and have a night nav course sorted out, so people can practice it when they wish.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE