North Wood extended meet, 30th June - 8th July 2012 country fair and barn dance

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
There's some pics from the workparty weekend here :)

Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1.

indicate on the meet list your probable day of arrival just to keep track, and include this line in the paste

1. woodspirits
(29-01, 6-8) Carving

2. NLW
(Dates) Work dependant. Hopefully both weekends - I'll think of something

3. MartinK9
(29 June - 8 July) General lethargy and tea making.

4. Davey569
(5 July - 7 July) (TBC)

5. Sasquatch & Joseph
(6 July - 8 July) Doing as little as poss due to current workload.

6. Priam +1 (TBC)
(29 June - 8 July) I will think of somthing - even if its just helping out or brewing up for the demonstrators. - Litter picking etc.

7.Karl82
(30 June - 8 July) Fire lighting modern and traditional flint and steel, bow drill and also different tinder and ember extenders.

8. Cliv
(29 June / 2 July & 6 July /8 July )

9. Bodge + Adam
(Dates) Oatcakes from scratch workshop. May need help with this in the way of shelter and a location with a useable fire. (subject to not being on holiday) Not sure I'll make it now.

10. cowboy and cowgirl
(Dates) Ill have a think on something i can contribute!

11. andy t.
(Dates)

12. MJM1 (+ Wife and 3 year old daughter)
(6th July - 8th July) dates TBC

13. tinkypete
Will be there now as I have got my leave confirmed, but still on call if major incident happens, I bring along a range of stuff to talk and show on. Navigation and a few other things, will be bring quite a few books and stuff so people can have a read over the week if they want.

14. Turbogirl and Youngling
(Fri 29-Sun1 then Fri 6th-Sun8th July) Deer fur hides and jerky making (think it'll be too wet for the spinning wheel)

15. lucklee.
(Dates) ill do a leather work tutorial mate, a basic sheath from start to end.

16. SimonD
(6th July-8th July) taking it very easy!!!!

17. Muddy Boots
(Dates) Bird watching

18. Outdoory ( + Ewein +1 TBA)
(Dates) Helping someone else and learning? Maybe Bodge and Adam?

Mar 14, 2011
Shropshire

Pics look great, have added my dates to the list below. Cheers, Ian ( Outdoory)

Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1.

indicate on the meet list your probable day of arrival just to keep track, and include this line in the paste

1. woodspirits
(29-01, 6-8) Carving

2. NLW

3. MartinK9

4. Davey569
(5 July - 7 July) (TBC)

5. Sasquatch & Joseph

6. Priam +1 (TBC)
(29 June - 8 July) I will think of somthing - even if its just helping out or brewing up for the demonstrators. - Litter picking etc.

7.Karl82
(30 June - 8 July) Fire lighting modern and traditional flint and steel, bow drill and also different tinder and ember extenders.

8. Cliv

9. Bodge + Adam
(Dates) Oatcakes from scratch workshop. May need help with this in the way of shelter and a location with a useable fire. (subject to not being on holiday) Not sure I'll make it now.

10. cowboy and cowgirl

11. andy t.
(Dates)

13. tinkypete
Will be there now as I have got my leave confirmed, but still on call if major incident happens, I bring along a range of stuff to talk and show on. Navigation and a few other things, will be bring quite a few books and stuff so people can have a read over the week if they want.

(Fri 29-Sun1 then Fri 6th-Sun8th July) Deer fur hides and jerky making (think it'll be too wet for the spinning wheel)

15. lucklee.
(Dates) ill do a leather work tutorial mate, a basic sheath from start to end.

16. SimonD

17. Muddy Boots
(Dates) Bird watching

18. Outdoory ( + Ewein +Donna )
(fri 6th pm to sunday ) Helping someone else and learning? Anyone need a hand?

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
have i missed something?...:)

1. woodspirits
(29-01, 6-8) Carving

2. NLW

3. MartinK9

4. Davey569
(5 July - 7 July) (TBC)

5. Sasquatch & Joseph

6. Priam +1 (TBC)

7.Karl82

8. Cliv

9. Bodge + Adam

10. cowboy and cowgirl

11. andy t.
(Dates)

13. tinkypete

(Fri 29-Sun1 then Fri 6th-Sun8th July) I'll prob demo spinning, might bring the wheel if the forecast is good

15. lucklee.
(Dates) ill do a leather work tutorial mate, a basic sheath from strat to end.

16. SimonD

17. Muddy Boots
(Dates) Bird watching

19. Johnnyboy1971.
(29 June - 6 July) Traditional lazyness and guarding the woodpile.

20. Tank
(Dates TBC)

21. Andy BB (dates TBC)

22. dave53 (overnighter)

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Well my trip to North Wood ended a bit soon. Sorry guys I wont be making it to the meet!!!! you do not know how gutted i am, but happy to be alive... now i have to recover all of my kit!!!

IMAG0093.jpg

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
1. woodspirits
(29-01, 6-8) Carving

2. NLW

3. MartinK9

4. Davey569
(5 July - 7 July) (TBC)

5. Sasquatch & Joseph

6. Priam +1 (TBC)

7.Karl82

8. Cliv

9. Bodge + Adam

10. cowboy and cowgirl

11. andy t.
(Dates)

13. tinkypete

(Fri 29-Sun1 then Fri 6th-Sun8th July) I'll prob demo spinning, might bring the wheel if the forecast is good

15. lucklee.
(Dates) ill do a leather work tutorial mate, a basic sheath from strat to end.

16. SimonD

17. Muddy Boots
(Dates) Bird watching

19. Johnnyboy1971.
(29 June - 6 July) Traditional lazyness and guarding the woodpile.

20. dave53 (overnighter)

21. Andy BB (dates TBC)

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
had a wander down north wood today to look in on the lads (and lasses), it all looks very chilled and relaxed :) i think one or two may just move in!

for the benefit of any visitors to the event, or even any new arrivals unfamiliar to NW, we have posted some waymarkers to guide people in.
parking will be on cp2 see post 1 for location, its far too soft for vehicles to travel beyond this. however if you have a 4x4 then by all means carry on to cp3 if you want

[/B]either way, please keep vehicle movements to an absolute minimum to avoid excessive rutting.

due to the recent weather, the damp sheltered interior of the wood is of course a happy hunting ground for mozzies! dont forget to bring whatever protection you favour. :D

look forward to seeing you all soon,

Steve

Last edited:

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I heard from Jason on basefook that he and Sam are being mozzie-munched, I wonder if we'll find skeletons and mozzies too fat to fly!

Lee, I've made you a Baileys Cheesecake but it's all got to be eaten on Friday night as I can't keep it cool :)

Excessive Rutting? I didn't see THAT mentioned as a spectator event on the flyer.... I'll recharge my camera batteries for that one! ;)

Realllllly looking forward to seeing you all again, I've still to autosol Barbaras plaque, can't wait for everyones demos and all the fun in the field :)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
All gone quiet on the North Woods front - they're either enjoying themselves too much or have been washed away or eaten by the mossies!

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Just back from an excellent meet. Did get eaten by mossies a bit. did my back in more to the point, had hot bath to ease it off a bit. feeling a bit better but still to unpack the car, will do so once I feel up to it later.

Thanks to everyone for the assistance in packing up especially Sal, Martin, Neil and Steve.

Thanks for organizing the meet Steve.

And was great to see everyone enjoying themselves and relaxing.

Last edited:

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Cheers Steve for another quality meet. Thanks to all for the company, great to be out as always. It takes more than a bit of mud and mossies to dampen spirits at North Woods, Joseph and I are already looking forward to the next one.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Such a lovely weekend, muddy wet mozzifilled fun for everyone! I've stuck my pics up here :) Thank you so much to all the people involved, especially Steve... we're so lucky to be a apart of your Northwood flock, HUUUGE appreciation for being part of this wonderful community in the woodlands :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE