North Wood extended meet, 30th June - 8th July 2012 country fair and barn dance

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Looking at Gordons flyer and post 1, I might bring the furs instead of spinning although I can't do much on them- I'm sure it'd be inconvenient to start washing/ return trips for water/ making muddy ponds on the paths etc... I think I'll see what the weather brings on the weekend as the spinning wheel is a bit delicate.

I'm getting so excited now, I think I need a slap round the face with a wet lettuce!

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Me and cowgirl will be arriving on Monday at some point for the night.. :) Im at work all weekend so im really looking forward to just chilling out and catching up with the regulars.

:D

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Me and cowgirl will be arriving on Monday at some point for the night.. :) Im at work all weekend so im really looking forward to just chilling out and catching up with the regulars.

:D

all being well i should be there sunday, maybe saturday.
either way im coming

nice one fellas (and cowgirl) looking forward to seeing you all again :)

access

after todays torrential downpour, and a drop more on the way i think we can rule out both CP2 and 3. for the extra 50m walk, i think it would be prudent to drop off the gear at the wood entrance closest to the farm (see map post 1) and haul it in. vehicles to be returned to CP1 by the toilet block as soon as possible. those arriving Friday may find activity on the adjoining meadow, again, see post 1.

pitches

for clarification, we will pitch at the lower end the same as the last meet.

steve

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1.

indicate on the meet list your probable day of arrival just to keep track, and include this line in the paste

1. woodspirits...............carv ing
2. NLW....................... (Work dependant. Hopefully both weekends) I'll think of something
3. MartinK9.................(29th June - 8 Jul) General lethargy and tea making.
4. Twodogs .................K9s helper
5. Sasquatch & Joseph...knifemaking an ting
6. Priam +1 (TBC)..........I will think of somthing - even if its just helping out or brewing up for the demonstrators. - Litter picking etc.
7.Karl82 (30th June to 8 July)........... Fire lighting modern and traditional flint and steel, bow drill and also different tinder and ember extenders.
8. Cliv
9. Bodge + Adam ......... Oatcakes from scratch workshop. May need help with this in the way of shelter and a location with a useable fire.
(subject to not being on holiday)
10. cowboy and cowgirl (Ill have a think on something i can contribute!)
11. andy t.
12. MJM1 (+ Wife and 3 year old daughter) (Probably Friday 6th - 8th)
13. tinkypete....TBC
14. Turbogirl and Youngling... I'll prob demo spinning, might bring the wheel if the forecast is good
15. lucklee. ill do a leather work tutorial mate, a basic sheath from strat to end.
16. SimonD... I can bring some bits i've carved to make steves stuff look even better. got a few months to improve
17. shaggystu and gemma (TBC) not sure what we could contribute to be honest, quite happily lend a hand with someone else's demo (tangled up in sally's spinning could be fun), or a bit of plant ID maybe?
18. Muddy Boots - Bird watching
19. Outdoory ( + Ewein +1 TBA) Helping someone else and learning? Maybe Bodge and Adam?
20. PREPER - tbc - I'll think of something other than making empty Stella cans from full ones!
21. Johnnyboy1971. Traditional lazyness and guarding the woodpile. June29-july6. The full duration.
22. Dwardo, Bowyery, fletching and how to miss with style (providing we have a safe target and permission) Need to think about staves and tools
23.jimbo75... (29-01)
24. Tank (TBC)
25. Davey569 5-7th (TBC)
26. dave53 overnighter

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire

indicate on the meet list your probable day of arrival just to keep track, and include this line in the paste

1. woodspirits
(29-01, 6-8) Carving

2. NLW
(Dates) Work dependant. Hopefully both weekends - I'll think of something

3. MartinK9
(29 June - 8 July) General lethargy and tea making.

4. Davey569
(5 July - 7 July) (TBC)

5. Sasquatch & Joseph
(6 July - 8 July) Doing as little as poss due to current workload.

6. Priam +1 (TBC)
(29 June - 8 July) I will think of somthing - even if its just helping out or brewing up for the demonstrators. - Litter picking etc.

7.Karl82
(30 June - 8 July) Fire lighting modern and traditional flint and steel, bow drill and also different tinder and ember extenders.

8. Cliv
(29 June / 2 July & 6 July /8 July )

9. Bodge + Adam
(Dates) Oatcakes from scratch workshop. May need help with this in the way of shelter and a location with a useable fire. (subject to not being on holiday) Not sure I'll make it now.

10. cowboy and cowgirl
(Dates) Ill have a think on something i can contribute!

11. andy t.
(Dates)

12. MJM1 (+ Wife and 3 year old daughter)
(6th July - 8th July) dates TBC

13. tinkypete
Will be there now as I have got my leave confirmed, but still on call if major incident happens, I bring along a range of stuff to talk and show on. Navigation and a few other things, will be bring quite a few books and stuff so people can have a read over the week if they want.

14. Turbogirl and Youngling
(Fri 29-Sun1 then Fri 6th-Sun8th July) I'll prob demo spinning, might bring the wheel if the forecast is good

15. lucklee.
(Dates) ill do a leather work tutorial mate, a basic sheath from strat to end.

16. SimonD
(6th July-8th July) taking it very easy!!!!

17. Muddy Boots
(Dates) Bird watching

18. Outdoory ( + Ewein +1 TBA)
(Dates) Helping someone else and learning? Maybe Bodge and Adam?

19. Johnnyboy1971.
(29 June - 6 July) Traditional lazyness and guarding the woodpile.

20. Dwardo, Bowyery
(Dates) Fletching and how to miss with style (providing we have a safe target and permission) Need to think about staves and tools

21. Tank
(Dates TBC)

22. Andy BB (dates TBC)

23. dave53 (overnighter)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Sorry to say that I have an opportunity to work the weekend so will sadly have to pull out. :(
Just cant turn down money at the minute.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire

1. woodspirits
(29-01, 6-8) Carving

2. NLW
(Dates) Work dependant. Hopefully both weekends - I'll think of something

3. MartinK9
(29 June - 8 July) General lethargy and tea making.

4. Davey569
(5 July - 7 July) (TBC)

5. Sasquatch & Joseph
(6 July - 8 July) Doing as little as poss due to current workload.

6. Priam +1 (TBC)
(29 June - 8 July) I will think of somthing - even if its just helping out or brewing up for the demonstrators. - Litter picking etc.

7.Karl82
(30 June - 8 July) Fire lighting modern and traditional flint and steel, bow drill and also different tinder and ember extenders.

8. Cliv
(29 June / 2 July & 6 July /8 July )

9. Bodge + Adam
(Dates) Oatcakes from scratch workshop. May need help with this in the way of shelter and a location with a useable fire. (subject to not being on holiday) Not sure I'll make it now.

10. cowboy and cowgirl
(Dates) Ill have a think on something i can contribute!

11. andy t.
(Dates)

12. MJM1 (+ Wife and 3 year old daughter)
(6th July - 8th July) dates TBC

13. tinkypete
Will be there now as I have got my leave confirmed, but still on call if major incident happens, I bring along a range of stuff to talk and show on. Navigation and a few other things, will be bring quite a few books and stuff so people can have a read over the week if they want.

14. Turbogirl and Youngling
(Fri 29-Sun1 then Fri 6th-Sun8th July) I'll prob demo spinning, might bring the wheel if the forecast is good

15. lucklee.
(Dates) ill do a leather work tutorial mate, a basic sheath from strat to end.

16. SimonD
(6th July-8th July) taking it very easy!!!!

17. Muddy Boots
(Dates) Bird watching

18. Outdoory ( + Ewein +1 TBA)
(Dates) Helping someone else and learning? Maybe Bodge and Adam?

19. Johnnyboy1971.
(29 June - 6 July) Traditional lazyness and guarding the woodpile.

20. Tank
(Dates TBC)

21. Andy BB (dates TBC)

22. dave53 (overnighter)

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Im going to be there sometime this afternoon with the other half! Its amazing how much more stuff you need to bring when the missis comes... im leavin her at home next time thats for sure!!

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Im going to be there sometime this afternoon with the other half! Its amazing how much more stuff you need to bring when the missis comes... im leavin her at home next time thats for sure!!

You should try it with a child that nevers admits they're getting cold! Hassle...I just fill the car and all is well.

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Haha thank god I haven't got that issue yet mate.. although im sure she's working on it! ;)
I'll bring those buckles with me chad and if I don't see you ill pass them onto steve to give you at the weekend if you there?..

It might be tomorrow mid day when I turn up now! :(

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Cheers Matt. I'll be there Friday evening all being well...have a good one whenever you and Cowgirl land.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE