North Wood extended meet, 30th June - 8th July 2012 country fair and barn dance

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Quick bump for those that might have missed it :)

Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1.

indicate on the meet list your probable day of arrival just to keep track, and include this line in the paste

1. woodspirits...............carv ing
2. NLW....................... (Work dependant. Hopefully both weekends) I'll think of something
3. MartinK9.................(29th June - 8 Jul) General lethargy and tea making.
4. Twodogs .................K9s helper
5. Sasquatch & Joseph...knifemaking an ting
6. Priam +1 (TBC)..........I will think of somthing - even if its just helping out or brewing up for the demonstrators. - Litter picking etc.
7.Karl82 (30th June leave depending)........... Fire lighting modern and traditional flint and steel, bow drill and also different tinder and ember extenders.
8. Cliv
9. Bodge + Adam ......... Oatcakes from scratch workshop. May need help with this in the way of shelter and a location with a useable fire.
(subject to not being on holiday)
10. cowboy and cowgirl (Ill have a think on something i can contribute!)
11. andy t.
12. MJM1 (+ Wife and 3 year old daughter) (Probably Friday 6th - 8th)
13. tinkypete....TBC
14. Turbogirl and Youngling... I'll prob demo spinning, might bring the wheel if the forecast is good
15. lucklee. ill do a leather work tutorial mate, a basic sheath from strat to end.
16. SimonD... I can bring some bits i've carved to make steves stuff look even better. got a few months to improve
17. shaggystu and gemma (TBC) not sure what we could contribute to be honest, quite happily lend a hand with someone else's demo (tangled up in sally's spinning could be fun), or a bit of plant ID maybe?
18. Muddy Boots - Bird watching
19. Outdoory ( + Ewein +1 TBA) Helping someone else and learning? Maybe Bodge and Adam?
20. PREPER - tbc - I'll think of something other than making empty Stella cans from full ones!
21. Johnnyboy1971. Traditional lazyness and guarding the woodpile.
22. Dwardo, Bowyery, fletching and how to miss with style (providing we have a safe target and permission) Need to think about staves and tools
23.jimbo75... (29-01)
24. Tank (TBC)

Cheers.

Edit. For the regulars, I've started a thread in the group area for sales/swaps.

Last edited:

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track

indicate on the meet list your probable day of arrival just to keep track, and include this line in the paste

2. NLW....................... (Work dependant. Hopefully both weekends) I'll think of something
3. MartinK9.................(29th June - 8 Jul) General lethargy and tea making.
6. Priam +1 (TBC)..........I will think of somthing - even if its just helping out or brewing up for the demonstrators. - Litter picking etc.
7.Karl82 (30th June leave depending)........... Fire lighting modern and traditional flint and steel, bow drill and also different tinder and ember extenders.
8. Cliv
9. Bodge + Adam ......... Oatcakes from scratch workshop. May need help with this in the way of shelter and a location with a useable fire.
11. andy t.
13. tinkypete....TBC
14. Turbogirl and Youngling... I'll prob demo spinning, might bring the wheel if the forecast is good
15. lucklee. ill do a leather work tutorial mate, a basic sheath from strat to end.
16. SimonD... I can bring some bits i've carved to make steves stuff look even better. got a few months to improve
17. shaggystu and gemma (TBC) not sure what we could contribute to be honest, quite happily lend a hand with someone else's demo (tangled up in sally's spinning could be fun), or a bit of plant ID maybe?
19. Outdoory ( + Ewein +1 TBA) Helping someone else and learning? Maybe Bodge and Adam?
20. PREPER - tbc - I'll think of something other than making empty Stella cans from full ones!
21. Johnnyboy1971. Traditional lazyness and guarding the woodpile.
22. Dwardo, Bowyery, fletching and how to miss with style (providing we have a safe target and permission) Need to think about staves and tools
23.jimbo75... (29-01)
24. Tank (TBC)
25. Davey569 5-7th (TBC)

Cheers.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
fee update for the upcoming meet

having been in discussion with Gordon and Robert at Middleton Farm, we have thrashed out a few concessions for our members.

there are a potential 9 nights available here, basically this is what its come down to;

anyone staying over 4 consecutive nights, will pay £20 in total this will include free entry into the festivities and 1 hog roast portion

anyone staying up to 4 consecutive nights will pay £15 in total this will include free entry into the festivities and 1 hog roast portion.

in all cases if you want entry into the bikers rock bands, a donation would be appreciated, i leave that to your discretion, be sensible :)

if you want more food, its chargeable.
if you attend the bar, its chargeable, a local landlord will be running this at normal prices.
minors attending free, with normal parental discretion re bar and band adult content

so, in conclusion;

if you stop for the whole 9 nights its only going to cost you just £20
anything else its only going to cost you just £15

i think you'll agree, this is very good value. :D original post will be updated to show new fees.

if you havn't already, please indicate what dates you intend to stay

steve

Last edited:

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire

8. Cliv
11. andy t.
13. tinkypete....TBC
21. Johnnyboy1971. Traditional lazyness and guarding the woodpile. June29-july6. The full duration.
23.jimbo75... (29-01)
24. Tank (TBC)
25. Davey569 5-7th (TBC)

Cheers.

Last edited:

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Nah Steve her ladyship is away that week but says i have to be back for when she gets home so looking like friday to friday.

Also big thankyou for working out such a fantastic deal for everyone.

Last edited:

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester

7.Karl82 (30th June to 8 July)........... Fire lighting modern and traditional flint and steel, bow drill and also different tinder and ember extenders.
8. Cliv
11. andy t.
13. tinkypete....TBC
21. Johnnyboy1971. Traditional lazyness and guarding the woodpile. June29-july6. The full duration.
23.jimbo75... (29-01)
24. Tank (TBC)
25. Davey569 5-7th (TBC)

work have not yet said i cant have that week off so i will be their. nice deal you got us Steve cheers.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
I have to drop out of this one , have fun see you all soon :),

4. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, some one fill this gap ,, :)
7.Karl82 (30th June to 8 July)........... Fire lighting modern and traditional flint and steel, bow drill and also different tinder and ember extenders.
8. Cliv
11. andy t.
13. tinkypete....TBC
23.jimbo75... (29-01)
24. Tank (TBC)
25. Davey569 5-7th (TBC)

4. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, some one fill this gap ,, :)
8. Cliv
(subject to not being on holiday) Not sure I'll make it now.
11. andy t.
13. tinkypete....TBC
23.jimbo75... (29-01)
24. Tank (TBC)
25. Davey569 5-7th (TBC)

Edited my name to 'maybe'. Adam is now going on a shooting and archery camp with Scouts.

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com

4. Davey569 5-7th (TBC)
8. Cliv
11. andy t.
13. tinkypete....TBC
23.jimbo75... (29-01)
24. Tank (TBC)

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton

4. Davey569 5-7th (TBC)
5. Sasquatch & Joseph...Doing as little as poss due to current workload. Probably be there on the 6th, 7th and 8th
8. Cliv
11. andy t.
13. tinkypete....TBC
23.jimbo75... (29-01)
24. Tank (TBC)

Priam

Forager
May 24, 2011
Cheshire
Tidy. (I hope this is clearer. Just put your dates in the (Date) brackets) priam

1. woodspirits
(Dates) Carving

2. NLW
(Dates) Work dependant. Hopefully both weekends - I'll think of something

3. MartinK9
(29 June - 8 July) General lethargy and tea making.

4. Davey569
(5 July - 7 July) (TBC)

5. Sasquatch & Joseph
(6 July - 8 July) Doing as little as poss due to current workload.

6. Priam +1 (TBC)
(29 June - 8 July) I will think of somthing - even if its just helping out or brewing up for the demonstrators. - Litter picking etc.

7.Karl82
(30 June - 8 July) Fire lighting modern and traditional flint and steel, bow drill and also different tinder and ember extenders.

8. Cliv
(Dates)

9. Bodge + Adam
(Dates) Oatcakes from scratch workshop. May need help with this in the way of shelter and a location with a useable fire.

10. cowboy and cowgirl
(Dates) Ill have a think on something i can contribute!

11. andy t.
(Dates)

12. MJM1 (+ Wife and 3 year old daughter)
(6th July - 8th July) dates TBC

13. tinkypete
(Dates TBC)

14. Turbogirl and Youngling
(Dates) I'll prob demo spinning, might bring the wheel if the forecast is good

15. lucklee.
(Dates) ill do a leather work tutorial mate, a basic sheath from strat to end.

16. SimonD
(Dates) I can bring some bits i've carved to make steves stuff look even better. got a few months to improve

17. shaggystu and gemma (TBC)
(Dates) not sure what we could contribute to be honest, quite happily lend a hand with someone else's demo (tangled up in sally's spinning could be fun), or a bit of plant ID maybe?

18. Muddy Boots
(Dates) Bird watching

19. Outdoory ( + Ewein +1 TBA)
(Dates) Helping someone else and learning? Maybe Bodge and Adam?

20. PREPER
(Dates TBC) - I'll think of something other than making empty Stella cans from full ones!

21. Johnnyboy1971.
(29 June - 6 July) Traditional lazyness and guarding the woodpile.

22. Dwardo, Bowyery
(Dates) Fletching and how to miss with style (providing we have a safe target and permission) Need to think about staves and tools

23. jimbo75
(29 June - 01 July)

24. Tank
(Dates TBC)

Cliv

Forager
Nov 15, 2008
Preston

1. woodspirits
(Dates) Carving

2. NLW

3. MartinK9

4. Davey569
(5 July - 7 July) (TBC)

5. Sasquatch & Joseph

6. Priam +1 (TBC)
(29 June - 8 July) I will think of somthing - even if its just helping out or brewing up for the demonstrators. - Litter picking etc.

7.Karl82
(30 June - 8 July) Fire lighting modern and traditional flint and steel, bow drill and also different tinder and ember extenders.

8. Cliv
(29 June / 2 July & 6 July /8 July )

9. Bodge + Adam
(Dates) Oatcakes from scratch workshop. May need help with this in the way of shelter and a location with a useable fire.

10. cowboy and cowgirl

11. andy t.
(Dates)

13. tinkypete
(Dates TBC)

(Dates) I'll prob demo spinning, might bring the wheel if the forecast is good

15. lucklee.

16. SimonD
(Dates) I can bring some bits i've carved to make steves stuff look even better. got a few months to improve

(Dates) not sure what we could contribute to be honest, quite happily lend a hand with someone else's demo (tangled up in sally's spinning could be fun), or a bit of plant ID maybe?

18. Muddy Boots
(Dates) Bird watching

20. PREPER
(Dates TBC) - I'll think of something other than making empty Stella cans from full ones!

21. Johnnyboy1971.

22. Dwardo, Bowyery
(Dates) Fletching and how to miss with style (providing we have a safe target and permission) Need to think about staves and tools

23. jimbo75
(29 June - 01 July)

24. Tank
(Dates TBC)

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk

1. woodspirits
(Dates) Carving

2. NLW

3. MartinK9

4. Davey569
(5 July - 7 July) (TBC)

5. Sasquatch & Joseph

6. Priam +1 (TBC)

7.Karl82

8. Cliv

9. Bodge + Adam

10. cowboy and cowgirl

11. andy t.
(Dates)

13. tinkypete
(Dates TBC)

(Fri 29-Sun1 then Fri 6th-Sun8th July) I'll prob demo spinning, might bring the wheel if the forecast is good

15. lucklee.

16. SimonD

18. Muddy Boots
(Dates) Bird watching

20. PREPER

21. Johnnyboy1971.

22. Dwardo, Bowyery

23. jimbo75
(29 June - 01 July)

24. Tank
(Dates TBC)

Ludicrously over excited about this meet! If I can get permission from HWMBO, I will outstay my welcome during the midweek too but I don't know if I can earn that many brownie points. Perhaps if I'm an awful cow to him, he'll tell me not to come back after the 1st weekend ;)

Last edited:

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts

1. woodspirits
(Dates) Carving

2. NLW

3. MartinK9

4. Davey569
(5 July - 7 July) (TBC)

5. Sasquatch & Joseph

6. Priam +1 (TBC)

7.Karl82

8. Cliv

9. Bodge + Adam

10. cowboy and cowgirl

11. andy t.
(Dates)

13. tinkypete
(Dates TBC)

(Fri 29-Sun1 then Fri 6th-Sun8th July) I'll prob demo spinning, might bring the wheel if the forecast is good

15. lucklee.

16. SimonD

18. Muddy Boots
(Dates) Bird watching

20. Johnnyboy1971.

21. Dwardo, Bowyery

22. jimbo75
(29 June - 01 July)

23. Tank
(Dates TBC)

Looking less and less likely I will make this one, real life getting in the way!
I think this could be the best meet yet, have a good one everyone if I don't make it.
I have removed my name from the list :(

PREPER............. :)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Might be able to get away for some of this, so

1. woodspirits
(Dates) Carving

2. NLW

3. MartinK9

4. Davey569
(5 July - 7 July) (TBC)

5. Sasquatch & Joseph

6. Priam +1 (TBC)

7.Karl82

8. Cliv

9. Bodge + Adam

10. cowboy and cowgirl

11. andy t.
(Dates)

13. tinkypete
(Dates TBC)

15. lucklee.

16. SimonD

18. Muddy Boots
(Dates) Bird watching

20. Johnnyboy1971.

21. Dwardo, Bowyery

22. jimbo75
(29 June - 01 July)

23. Tank
(Dates TBC)

24. Andy BB (dates TBC)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE