Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi guy's,
Looking forward to tomorrow.
sadly it may just be me and my son, but we'll be there anyhow.

I've packed my bag and I'm bringing my Fire bow etc if you're guy's want a demo.
also bringing the chute!

10am is probably a bit unlikely for us but I'll get there as soon as i can.

Hi guy's,
Looking forward to tomorrow.
sadly it may just be me and my son, but we'll be there anyhow.

I've packed my bag and I'm bringing my Fire bow etc if you're guy's want a demo.
also bringing the chute!

10am is probably a bit unlikely for us but I'll get there as soon as i can.

well hope you enjoy it i am stuck at work :(

as i said have time off in june 11/6/09 to 24/06/09 well lasters guys

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:D a big thanks to DavidJT and his Archery group for the Invitation!

My son and I loved it! (look closely and you'll see 30-50 people!) DavidJT is visible far left.
shelters013.jpg

It was a nice set up several working ranges to "have a go", and loads of types of bow on show from high tech alloy with sights and wheels, glass fibre "toys" for the kids and impressive longbows that were very well made.
there was even a tea room, and loo's.
(and sorry guy's no we can't camp there :( )

Here's DavidJT Teaching My son! he had about 30 shots, at various targets including realistic 3D foam animals and even telly tubbies!
shelters012.jpg

I met Kimboko and he'd bought along some shiney's!
It's a very impressive and tiny flint/steel and tinder set!
it doesn't look big enough to work but it worked for Kimboko and Me!
shelters011.jpg

the bamboo is about the width of an AA battery and holds the tinder which has a secret ingredient(nice idea!):You_Rock_ .

Kimboko mentioned a camp site in the south of the region his friend own's (was it) and wants people to camp there, can you tell us more? cheers.

Thank's again please tell us when the next one comes up! I thoroughly recommend it, and it is definitely suitable as a family activity!:You_Rock_ :You_Rock_

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:lmao:
yup the flint and steel were tiny!
like, 1.5" by 1".

the steel was about the same size as a one of those mini (key fob) tesco point cards.

i was very dubious until i tried it, it really was very good!
easy to snuff out too! half the sucess is the wick running through the bamboo by the way it isn't char cloth!.

Kimboko said the idea came from a tiny aborigonal set that Ray Mears used on TV once.

KIMBOKO

Nomad
Nov 26, 2003
Suffolk
The inspiration was from the explorers set shown on TV when RM went to Australia. There was a thread here where people were interested in and some people made their own small flint and steel sets.
If you search for "That Aussie flint & steel" there is a picture in the first thread.

The steel in the set is 50mm by 20mm 01 tool steel and the flint 30mm by 25mm common or garden (round here anyway).

The inspiration was from the explorers set shown on TV when RM went to Australia. There was a thread here where people were interested in and some people made their own small flint and steel sets.
If you search for "That Aussie flint & steel" there is a picture in the first thread.

The steel in the set is 50mm by 20mm 01 tool steel and the flint 30mm by 25mm common or garden (round here anyway).

oh right must have missed that episode looks good but not my cup of tee i like bigger stuff

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Nice firesteels. I haven't had my forge running in ages. I've a couple of ideas for knives that I'm knocking around, so maybe soon....

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:You_Rock_ Shiney!

It's great to see craftwork still going strong!

Snufkin you should show us yours!;)

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Anyone in norwich area got a small boat I can borrow for a day? I need to go near brundall for a few hours on the river. a row boat or outboard will do.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
You could ask at whittlingham lane sports center?

a row boat will take a long time!:yikes:
an outboard motor, I think you'd need to pass a outboard driving test first.
(just thinking red tape nowerdays) :(

I seem to remember some quite strict rules about permits etc but that might be just for canoe/kayak use same as for fishing (it would be worth finding out).

Damascus goes to the kayak club in Norwich he may be able to enlighten you

how about one of the boat hire companies i think there's one near Norwich station.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE