Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi Guys

Is anyone still up for meeting this coming Tuesday?

:D
Yup back from a short family holiday and rearing to get out without the kids"helping"!

I'm not sure I'll have the car this time but I'll certainly be there!:)
with the Bow-drill, flint/steel etc!

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
If we meet at the same place as last time, (it's an easy place to find)
Zak's a restaruant (the only one) in the middle of Mousehold heath, opposite a bandstand/footy field.
How to find Zaks: (from outside Norwich)
get to North East side of Norwich follow outer ringroad to the A1042, turn towards the city (at the traffic lights) onto Gurney road (opposite Homebase), follow the road (very windy) as the road straightens/flattens zak's carpark will be on your right

Zak's Mousehold Diner
Mousehold Heath.
Norwich.
Norfolk.
NR1 4HW

http://www.zaks.uk.com/location.asp?loc=1

If we meet at Zaks carpark 11am Tuesday it's hard to miss.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
cool, (I'll remember my camera this time!):11doh:
Globetrotter said he also may come!

should be a nice group!

Kai Leingod, is the friend you mentioned available?

I visited Snufkin's shop during the week (whilst on hols), and had a quick chat, he's caught up with work as usual but he's well and getting extremely fit by all accounts!

Anyone know how Lord Lurcher is?, haven't heard from him in a while.:confused: he's usually up for stuff like this.

BTW went for walk (or was it an all-in-wrestle:sigh: ) with the family today and found that "Jack-by-the-Hedge" is sprouting up well and quite tasty (if a bit bitter), I should be able to find you some in Mousehold in the grassy areas.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
get him to meet you in mousehold ;) force him to have a cup of bramble leaf tea and he'll be.....one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, :lmao: ;)

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Was nice to see you Rich! Work's busy at the mo (which is good I suppose:rolleyes: ). I did a bit of foraging on Sunday and got some St Georges mushrooms. Only a dozen little ones but I've set them drying.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
I did a bit of foraging on Sunday and got some St Georges mushrooms. Only a dozen little ones but I've set them drying.

I was looking out for them, haven't seen anything!:11doh:

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
They are pretty tough to spot, hidden in the leaf litter but once you've found a group they'll come pretty much every year.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
guess I''l take another look! ;)

Just to check with the guy's that are meeting tomorrow, are we happy to meet at 11am again? sorry just realised we hadn't discussed times this meet.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Yup, i can get there a bit earlier don't have kids to look after:headbang:

I'm walking in from outside Norwich I'll get there ASAP.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
;) cheers for the offer, but i need to keep fit.
shall we say meet at 10am ( I don't want to say any sooner as it's very little notice:( )
If I'm not there within 20 mins Globetrotter should be able to take you to where we set up camp last time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE