Lowest temp UK hang record

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Good find on that sledge mate, might grab one me sen :)
How do they manage to deliver them for that price?

I've got a load of seatbelt webbing if anyone needs some for a harness?

Are you up for the trip Andy?

Thanks Rich :) I think KP's idea with the bumbag is a winner, Ive got a padded one that with some beefing up will do the job. 2" webbing with a decent 2" buckle should hold up.

I'm hoping it turns up in one piece, I cant understand the postage either :confused: I'll be guinea pig, should be here soon.

Loving the sledge... Gonna order one myself I reckon... Will mod some rope and crabs to attach to the hip belt of my rucksac (it detaches so you can take the lid of the sack and make a bum bag day pack thing) and the gear can go in the sledge.

Thinking about the Xarmy snow shoes too...

Great idea with the bumbag mate ;) Harness and bag in one!

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Rich id be game for a trip up there anytime,my main two set backs are transport,and the misses being off at the time(to watch the kids)other than that a big yep!

Assuming I am free on the dates, and you can get yersel to Stonehaven, id be happy to pick you up from train station and drop you off again afterwards.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Got my sledge off the bay today. I'd ideally like one with a higher front bit it should be good with a cover. It long enough for a big pack plus a few extras.

The front will need modding, needs beefing up.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
The long range met office forecast says weve got another month at least of nothing too cold. Plenty more time to bury coal, hack up plastic sleds and dream of Carol Kirkwood saying "...Minus 20 or lower in the Scottish Glens...."

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm on it, still looking at different sledges and got my eye for a couple of pulk poles.

I'm gonna haul my 80L dry bag on the pulk with all the insulation I need hopefully

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I'm going for a simple rope pull I think for simplicity. Im going to rig it to a bumbag or a pack.

Got a reindeer skin on the way from a link on here to knock up some mitts and I'm severely ogling a pair of MSR lightning ascents from amazon.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Just mind that a rope only pulk will slide into the back of your legs every time you stop, you could cut branches and tie into the rope at the start of your trip though.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Or you could tie a sheep shank using the loops either end to hold the stick, you may have to carve a knock or too so the rope doesn't slide up:)

[video=youtube;lopGPwY-sno]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded& v=lopGPwY-sno[/video]

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Or you could tie a sheep shank using the loops either end to hold the stick, you may have to carve a knock or too so the rope doesn't slide up:)[video=youtube;lopGPwY-sno]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded& v=lopGPwY-sno[/video]
Hahaha, You know, as soon as I pressed SEND, I thought- someone will pull me up for not being bushcrafty enough!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE