Lowest temp UK hang record

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
I'm up for this Al, how do we supply proof?

Windy

Digital, or old skool :) Only managed -7 that weekend :p

oNGPF.jpg

Mtz27.jpg

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Chance of a good dump over the weekend and into next week, hopefully getting down to double figures for the 25th ...

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/braemar

The signs are good. The Met office seem confident of below average temps for the next 30 days, projected pressure anomalies are also favourable.

Praying for a proper northerly with stubborn high pressure, that will guarantee negative double digits. :)

Gut feeling is we'll hit it at the right time for hauling, but the extreme cold is probably going to come a bit later.

I can see it now, logging into BCUK and reading about you guys breaking -25C , whilst I'm in the arctic in a heatwave. :lmao:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The signs are good. The Met office seem confident of below average temps for the next 30 days, projected pressure anomalies are also favourable.

Praying for a proper northerly with stubborn high pressure, that will guarantee negative double digits. :)

Gut feeling is we'll hit it at the right time for hauling, but the extreme cold is probably going to come a bit later.

I can see it now, logging into BCUK and reading about you guys breaking -25C , whilst I'm in the arctic in a heatwave. :lmao:

What are the temps in Jokkmokk at the moment?

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Hopefully we'll get something in between and you'll get a good final test

Any new toys coming out this time?

Shiny new DIY Pertex hammock, Cold Avenger mask, the new toboggan and many mods to my kit that need trying out in anger.

Most important will be my sleep system.

Exped 9 lW, 5-6 inches of down under that in 2 underquilts, then the Wiggys Ultima thule bag with my winter quilt on top of it.

It's impossible to test it at home. I can't even lie in it for 5 minutes before dying of heat :lmao:

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Had -40C/F (with wind chill included) on the other day just outside Helsinki. At the same time the temperature was at zero in Northern Finland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE