Long time coming....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jellytot

Apr 1, 2010
Manchester
Hello!
I'm Jules.
I'm married to Maddave.
(And am otherwise referred to as his handler.....)
I live in Manchester and would call myself more of a campcrafter than a bushcrafter but as I prefer camp sites which are quiet, have little or no
facilities and can have open fires my heart is closer to bushcrafting than to the caravan and camping club!! Add to that Maddaves influence and I was bound to finish up here sooner or later!
I have a bit of an urban farm, I'm sure Dave has told you we have 4 ducks which yield 25-30 eggs per week. I've loads of herbs and veggies growing this year too. I never did get my goats but I'm not giving up hope.
To be honest you're never going to get me kipping in a hammock, I much prefer tents!
Being a foody camp cooking and open fire cooking is one of my major interests when we go away, I love to try out unusual and tasty recipes.
I don't have anywhere near the amount of kit Dave has but am always looking for the ultimate camp kitchen and knife.
It's nice to finally be here!
Jules

Jellytot

Apr 1, 2010
Manchester
Hmm maybe we better get something clear here.
In the 11 years I've known DAve I've never asked him to change.
I think it's one of the reasons we have such a great relationship!
He's just a big kid with a lot of expensive (and sharp) toys!
(Anyone who saw the photo of all his knives will know that!)
Dave if you start behaving now I'll be extremely worried!
Why change the habits of a lifetime??????

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Hmm maybe we better get something clear here.
In the 11 years I've known DAve I've never asked him to change.
I think it's one of the reasons we have such a great relationship!
He's just a big kid with a lot of expensive (and sharp) toys!
(Anyone who saw the photo of all his knives will know that!)
Dave if you start behaving now I'll be extremely worried!
Why change the habits of a lifetime??????

I KNEW there was a reason i love this woman (insert smug grin here).

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hi Jules :D
It's great to see you here :cool:
Are you coming to the Moot ? It sounds exactly like your sort of camping in the main areas.

cheers,
Toddy

Jellytot

Apr 1, 2010
Manchester
HAHA!
I knew this one was coming!
I went and fetched me diary and everything!
To be honest having had a MASSIVE holiday in January to Canada and using over half my years holiday allowance in one hit and going to Nant Col in
May and an Egyptian Cruise in November for mums 70th Birthday I'm VERY low on hols for this year.

Next year is a definite. I just wish I could bring Frody!

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
hiya jules nice to finally see you here hope your okay and well i love the why change a habbit of a life time post and glad to here that dave is still aloud to be mad cos well what would the world do with out mad dave

drew

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
No hiding stuff now Dave. None of this "Shush but i've bought a new shiney, it's hidden in the understairs cupboard behind the hoover incase SWMBO finds it"

Wayland

Hárbarðr
welcome to the mad house Jules.
scary.gif

Jellytot

Apr 1, 2010
Manchester
No hiding stuff now Dave. None of this "Shush but i've bought a new shiney, it's hidden in the understairs cupboard behind the hoover incase SWMBO finds it"

I probably shouldn't say this but I've always been aware of exactly what he's been buying mainly because when a new shiny is purchased Dave has to test it, photograph it and review it for a post on here. I've never asked because it's been fairly obvious and I recently had to buy him a whole new storage unit just for his sharp things....

But we'll not tell him I'm aware of all his shiny toys because he likes to think I don't know about em! SHHHHHHHHHH!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE