Landrover 110 question....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hi
Dont forget the weight limit for a landy roof is i think 75kg including the rack and even in this country in the summer the water would bet warm ok for showers but not so good for drinking.
lou

Interesting....I have the full roof rack, and I would of thought that, that alone weighs more than 75kg, certainly not far off that. I will check on that.... A 70L water tank filled up will weigh a lot.
Yes the water will get warm in the summer, thats why I thought of boxing it in with plenty of air holes.... Maybe 2 tanks would be the answer..??

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Interesting....I have the full roof rack, and I would of thought that, that alone weighs more than 75kg, certainly not far off that. I will check on that.... A 70L water tank filled up will weigh a lot.
Yes the water will get warm in the summer, thats why I thought of boxing it in with plenty of air holes.... Maybe 2 tanks would be the answer..??

Hi Jon,
I would have thought the tank would have a minimum dry weight of 5kgish added to that 70kg of water, the rack will handle it and i know you can put loads up there with no worries but the weight up high would affect your stability both on and off road, it would be worse if the tank was not topped up full as the water would slosh (im sure there is a technical word for it!) and make the handleing even more erratic.

Lou
P.s. not trying to be a killjoy!

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hi Jon,
I would have thought the tank would have a minimum dry weight of 5kgish added to that 70kg of water, the rack will handle it and i know you can put loads up there with no worries but the weight up high would affect your stability both on and off road, it would be worse if the tank was not topped up full as the water would slosh (im sure there is a technical word for it!) and make the handleing even more erratic.

Lou
P.s. not trying to be a killjoy!

Thats good info, and something I had not really thought of.....Cheers...
Maybe I will only fill it on site and drain it for any journey....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE