Landrover 110 question....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
On the subject of campers, well not campers exactly, but caravans, I've always hated em. After spending far too much time in one as a kid, I did grow to hate em. But their comfort and versatility is hard to deny - yet still I hate em all - well not all. There is one I rather like, ...the Airstream....

a0007.jpg

a0031.jpg

a0034.jpg

a0035.jpg

a0051.gif

I could definitely be persuaded to spend some time travelling with one of these hooked up to me landy - not bushcraft, but who cares? :)

Did you know that 60% of all the Airstream's ever built are still on the road? Rugged, robust, made of aluminium. Sound familiar? :D

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I'm fairly sure I've been to a festival or rugby game or something and all of the catering caravans were airstreams.

With regards to the sink Jon, is it worth making up a self-contained unit that can be fastened into the landy when needed and removed when not? I've seen similar things for my Bongo - usually a hob and/or sink on top with a hinged over lid, sometimes a fridge/coolbox underneath, gas safe and also the clean/dirty water containers. Just a thought. You can also take it out and use it in an awning or under a tarp if it suits.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
scanker said:
I'm fairly sure I've been to a festival or rugby game or something and all of the catering caravans were airstreams.

With regards to the sink Jon, is it worth making up a self-contained unit that can be fastened into the landy when needed and removed when not? I've seen similar things for my Bongo - usually a hob and/or sink on top with a hinged over lid, sometimes a fridge/coolbox underneath, gas safe and also the clean/dirty water containers. Just a thought. You can also take it out and use it in an awning or under a tarp if it suits.
Hi Neil....I would prefer to have the sink built in and the waste pipe going down to a removable container underneath. The sink won't be in the way where it is, and if I make a hinged lid, to go over it, the area can still be used when sink is not in use...If I had a removable unit, I would need to find somewhere else to put it when not in use....

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Managed to get some pics of my Landy
Pic of the gas strut holding the back door open and the tray in upright position.
I was fed up of people ripping the door stay catch off so fitted the gas strut.
Landydoor.jpg

Pic of the overall back with the left bar extended out and the tray in the down position. I didn't have my cooker when I took the pic so just had to use what I had to hand - sorry
Landyback.jpg

You can see the captive spring clasp I use to hold the left bar in position hanging down by the window. The bar has holes drilled in it so I can fix it open, closed or half way.
I then just drape a tarp/ ground sheet over the bar and door and use bungees to hold it in place.
Easy - ish

Cheers

Mark

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
That looks good Mark, cheers for the photo's. I have chequer plate over my rear door, and might do a shelf like that. I like the bar and tarp idea too. Arn't landys great.....

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Thought I'd put a picture up of mine at the weekend to show the tarp strung up
LandyAwning.jpg

It's a normal size ground sheet (forget the exact size) held on by bungee cords to the door and ladder

Mark

TobyH

Forager
Apr 4, 2006
Deepest, Darkest Suffolk
Buckshot, Is that a .357M or a 40cal?

Jon, the Landy's coming along nicely from when I saw it in Cornwall. Been thinking for ages about getting a 130 Ambulance and converting that. Mmm lovely V8 burble...

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Buckshot, Is that a .357M or a 40cal?

Jon, the Landy's coming along nicely from when I saw it in Cornwall. Been thinking for ages about getting a 130 Ambulance and converting that. Mmm lovely V8 burble...

Hi Toby.....Yeah, she is looking good, still got loads to do mind. She is going in for a new clutch tomorrow, possibly a new gearbox too....:eek: Got me a sink in there now, but have to plumb it in, proberbly going to put a watertank on the roof....

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Hi Toby.....Yeah, she is looking good, still got loads to do mind. She is going in for a new clutch tomorrow, possibly a new gearbox too....:eek: Got me a sink in there now, but have to plumb it in, proberbly going to put a watertank on the roof....

If you get one of those 12 volt water pumps from caravan shops you could use an adapted 20 ltr water bottle inside.

LS

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
If you get one of those 12 volt water pumps from caravan shops you could use an adapted 20 ltr water bottle inside.

LS
Hi LS....Better than that is to go to the local scrapyard and get a window washer pump, much cheaper....I do fancy a roof tank though, will hold more water and be out of the way...

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Hi LS....Better than that is to go to the local scrapyard and get a window washer pump, much cheaper....I do fancy a roof tank though, will hold more water and be out of the way...

Not to sure on the old washer pumps:yuck: , the flow rate is not that brilliant, the roof tank might be good if you can get a long wide one but relatively flat so the load is well distributed, and if you fill it with dark greeen paint and slop it around a bit it might give an urban camo pattern when going off road:lmao:

LS

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Not to sure on the old washer pumps:yuck: , the flow rate is not that brilliant, the roof tank might be good if you can get a long wide one but relatively flat so the load is well distributed, and if you fill it with dark greeen paint and slop it around a bit it might give an urban camo pattern when going off road:lmao:

LS

I was at an off road event once, and a guy had a washer pump from an old rover sd1 rigged up to a tank, he used it to wash the mud off his motor, before going back on the road.....I was amazed at the pressure of water that came out. Plenty for me to fill a little sink...
I am proberbly going to get one of these tanks http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAMMA-Motorh...ryZ36798QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Thought I might case it in a ply box with loads of air holes drilled in to keep the water cooler...

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
I like the tank idea, but it must have been a bit of a beast of a washer pump to get that much pressure up...

I use a similar pump to THIS ONE but mine was about half that price.

LS

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE