Kit List Spreadsheet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Having looked at the various kit lists how the hell are people managing a 2/3 night trip with a kilo of food or less! Either they're not eating right or have just decided to be miserable!

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Having looked at the various kit lists how the hell are people managing a 2/3 night trip with a kilo of food or less! Either they're not eating right or have just decided to be miserable!

Dehyration nation :D

I work on 2000 food calories a day and 5 coffees. i tend to be over a kilo most trips but i like my meals to be filling. I also find i eat less when im working hard. Exercise tends to suppress my appetite but im never miserable lol

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
Dehyration nation :D

I work on 2000 food calories a day and 5 coffees. i tend to be over a kilo most trips but i like my meals to be filling. I also find i eat less when im working hard. Exercise tends to suppress my appetite but im never miserable lol

I dehydrate too and a days ration is between 600-800g for me!

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
so it looks like im carrying water for two then lol

I'm carrying mine in my stomach where it becomes magically weightless. :) Only 2 miles to the water stop anyway

Quite simple on mine, I've not put the correct figures in the food box. (it hasn't multipied the weights). 700g odd/day for me and 3000 cals comes in at over 2kg.

Edit; all the figures are wrong, I've deleted a column and it messed up the autosum (Excel amatuer). Time to start again.

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Loving the lists everyone :)

Some more honest than others, eh Adam, where's yer consumables lad :)

Pete, no wash kit, love it :) You're gonna have to fix those feet for the CWT though dude :)

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Interesting reading, some tasty kit in these lists :D. I'll have to put mine up at some point.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire

Pete, no wash kit, love it :) You're gonna have to fix those feet for the CWT though dude :)

Baby wipes and iodine. :D

Yeah, it's no Cape Wrath Trail list. Feet are going to have to be shown some love, and my feet are hard to love. Prepare to be beaten this weekend in weight this weekend, though I've a feeling it will be the only time as either you or Paul are gonna beat me up in the morning.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire

:p

It's mainly a WIP base kit list really but may include consumables at some point once they're decided on. I'm a really fussy eater and still haven't found any packet stuff I like so may be trying to do my own.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Just transferred my list over and made some changes to my kit list

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsAu1k5Tafl2dGZvSGxkSDQycHRIOVNxVFYyakp6Ymc&usp=sharing

Really getting nailed on the food.
Looks worse than it is though as i ordered that lot for 2 people for 5 days, so i'll be sharing that lot with my brother.
Also adding dried food like rice and hopefully be swapping out the heavy Wayfayrer food for lighter Adventure Food.

Forgot i'd ordered some Travellunch and Trek'n Eat packs till i checked my order, fingers crossed they're edible.

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
My weights are around 12kg, I won't bother with a list just yet as it isn't finalized but my weights include food and "wet" water not an empty bladder or bottle(s). I can't get much lighter without spending money on kit. My 1300kg rucksack cost £25 and my 1200g top quilt is an existing Snugpack underblanket. My 600g gortex waterproof jacket is an ex Army one costing £15. Much of my kit is from Sports Direct or Aldi. Basically, I'm skint!

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
My weights are around 12kg, I won't bother with a list just yet as it isn't finalized but my weights include food and "wet" water not an empty bladder or bottle(s). I can't get much lighter without spending money on kit. My 1300kg rucksack cost £25 and my 1200g top quilt is an existing Snugpack underblanket. My 600g gortex waterproof jacket is an ex Army one costing £15. Much of my kit is from Sports Direct or Aldi. Basically, I'm skint!

Been able to get out and enjoy outdoors is the main thing bud, plus its not all about been the most expensive/lightest and 12kg is a nice weight either way :)

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Damn it!!! Now I no I'm gonna spend my day off with kit everywhere and my scales out (which apparently are wrong) weighing all my gear and crying that it all weighs too much lol!! Damn you Shewie!! I will direct the ear ache from wifey to your direction.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Damn it!!! Now I no I'm gonna spend my day off with kit everywhere and my scales out (which apparently are wrong) weighing all my gear and crying that it all weighs too much lol!! Damn you Shewie!! I will direct the ear ache from wifey to your direction.....

Lol, finished yet? :)

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Can't figure out how to start a new spread sheet tbh!! I never done a spread sheet in my life!! Also I want to list all my gear rather than for just a trip as I'm not going anywhere in the foreseeable future :'(

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Can't figure out how to start a new spread sheet tbh!! I never done a spread sheet in my life!! Also I want to list all my gear rather than for just a trip as I'm not going anywhere in the foreseeable future :'(

Have you got a Docs account? You should be able to make a copy and then edit your own. I've also got a master sheet at the beginning with all my kit on, well everything I've listed so far that is, that's hidden though so you won't see it. The idea is to create a new spreadsheet for a particular type of trip and then drag the kit items and weight into it as needed. Right now that's a 3 season ground dwelling setup, I'll probably do a 3 season hammock load next, etc etc

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE