Ireland meet up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi Guys,.. I've seen my name appear a few times in the past few posts, so I thought I'd chip in with my 2 pence worth.

I would be happy to organise a meet-up in Castlewellan Forestpark.

Most weekends should be OK, as long as we can set a date soon.
I am happy to provide for free:

Accomodation (In the form of a Mongolian style Yurt)
Site + camping access: (I lease a site of the Forest Service. If you pay me2.50 p.p/p.night, then they will be happy too.
Insurance: We can do activities under our unsurance
Cooking supplies: as in Pots, pans, stoves...
Hammock-tents: they can be borrowed from us
Knives/tools: We can lend a knife for the duration of the meet-up.
Knowledge: though I am happy to share all my knowledge, I may not be willing to set up "class-room" type stuff, since that undermines my own company :) and has the potential to be abused concidering all the above I am contributing for nothing

All I need to know to let this happen is: date + amount of attendees (Could be from 4 people onwards)
If we want to be covered under my insurance, then I need people to fill out a booking form on my web-site: http://wild-live.org/shop/articles4.asp in the course menu, choose: "Canoe Survival Course" (I am not running that course this year, so I will be able to identifty the meetup.
On the date field you obviously fill in the date you guys and I agree for this meet-up.

There are a few rules we would have to abide to on such a meet-up. We have to stick to particular areas for certain things such as building shelter etc... bringing an alcoholic beverage is allowed, though drunkeness can not and will not be tolerated, because I could loose my license. Recreational drugs are not allowed at all. (I know, I am the likely suspect being Dutch and all...)

Hope this helps and gets things rolling for ya's!

Warm regards,

Anthonio Akkermans
Wild-Live

PS. The sooner a date can be agreed the better for me (And, of course,.. for you)
PS2. I did not receive any e-mails from anyone about this recently, though in this thread a few people have said they sent me an e-mailo. What address did you sent to? info@wild-live.org ?

sodajoe

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 17, 2005
Co Armagh
Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Thanks for replying Anthonio. :You_Rock_ :You_Rock_ :You_Rock_

With an offer like that I'll be free at the first available opportunity. So what are we waiting for guys, this is a great offer and should be snapped up.

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
The first weekend in June was original marked as possible date. I am free from the second weekend in May onwards but that's me personally and it has to suite everyone else that would like to attend. It is an oppurtunity not to be missed.

As it is sodajoe's thread then maybe he should pick the date.

James

sodajoe

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 17, 2005
Co Armagh
Hi James, glad to see your still interested - isn't this a fantastic offer?
I can't and won't take ownership of anything here. All I want to see is as many of us getting together as possible.

I'll just ask the question I asked before: Who can meet up in the month of June?

If we get a month sorted out then we will have something concrete to work with and go from there.

Hi guys,

Just to let you know, I have added a "meet-up" on the on-line bookingform. So once dates are sorted, book your place using the wild-live on-line booking form and select "Meet-up" on the course to be attended menu.

Let me know the dates asap, and I'll square things with my course program and the Forest Service. You could also choose to set up two dates so everyone willing can attend, however, I am not sure if I want to go through the effort if there are less then 4 or 5 people there... (We can discuss)

PS, the site we'll be using will have access to coniferous and broadleaf woodlands, fields and a lake and has a lovely view of the Mourne Mountains (The best view in the area) Although it is inside a forest, it is still close to civilization for those of you with the heebie jeebies. I will be there with my land rover, and people can be driven to the town nearby. There is CB radio equipment present, Firefighting equipment and a first-aid kit.

There is a tap for drinkable water available too.

There is a designated fireplace, which will be inside the Yurt, once it has been set-up (Nice and cozy) The yurt holds about 30 people sitting and 15 people sleeping, but I have alternative sleeping arrangements for 15-20 more people.

Anyone living on-route from Belfast to Castlewellan and surrounding areas may be picked up by me in return for helping to set up the camp.

Warm regards,

Anthonio

sodajoe

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 17, 2005
Co Armagh
Anthonio thanks again for this incredibly generous offer. I would be amazed if there aren't at LEAST five people going to this.

I will offer my services to set up the camp although I will be making my own way to Casttlewellan. It would be another chance to learn new stuff.

I can't wait :red:

peterkm

Nov 24, 2004
BELFAST
Hi Guys,
I'm definitely up for this and I'm free anytime apart from 9-11th of June. I can vouch for the site, it's in an excellent location with great views and good facilities. It'll be great to hopefully put some faces to names.
Peter

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Thanks Anthonio for the offer, I should be avaliable the first weekend, 2-4 and the last weekend, 23-25. If everyone posts when they are avaliable we can then choose the weekend most of us can make, this way we can let Anthonio know as soon as possible so he can sort things out at his end. I'm also willing to help set up, I can vouch for the site as well, the views are lovely. :)

Brian

sodajoe

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 17, 2005
Co Armagh
I'm free any weekend in June but can I suggest the last weekend (23-25)? I put this forward because it will give everyone more time to prepare and looking at the past posts it seems to be the date most people can make. Some people may miss out, but if it's a success I'm sure there will be other meet-ups.

Your thoughts please chaps?

David Moulds

May 3, 2005
Belfast N.Ireland
Alright Guys, :You_Rock_
Its great that you have set up a meet in this country and was very excited that we were setting this up . Castlewellen is a perfect site unfortunly I am working that weekend and will miss out :( but if i can get up even for a couple of hours and gave my support I will.
Hopfully I will make to the next one.
Antonio is a great guy and a pleasure to know.
I am going on a food for free course tomorrow(Sat 22nd April)which is being held at Colin Glen in Belfast it starts at 11.00am if anybody is intrested it only costs two pound and is a couple of hours long.
Hopfully I will get to meet you guys soon.
Cheers Davy. ;)

sodajoe

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 17, 2005
Co Armagh
Cheers David. It's a pity you can't go but it would be great if you could drop in for a word or two. Hopefullly this meet will be the start of many.

Let us know how you get on at Cloin Glen. :)

Blackthorn

Feb 2, 2006
Ireland
Guys,,this really is a very generous offer from Antonio that i agree we should not miss.

I think the weekend of the 23rd JUNE would suit me also. I can try and make myself available to help set up camp also.

Cheers again Antonio.

Kevin.

I presume you guys are actually refering to the weekend of Saturday the 24th. to Sunday the 25th? I am not sure if I can make the Friday. I am also not 100% yet if I can make these dates at all, but will make sure I confirm the possability from my side this week. I may be teaching in Turkey you see...

Anthonio

sodajoe

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 17, 2005
Co Armagh
Anthonio could you let us what would be the best dates are for you and we can work from there?

Cheers.

OK, 24th and 25th. June I will be free. I have booked the site for those dates, so now I want to see you guys commit also...

Those of you who are ready, go for it, fill in the form on my site, and submit. Then I'll know how many people we'll be getting and can prepare for that.

Anthonio

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE