Good stuff of the day

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I have to echo Oldtimers comment about grandkids. If you think your kids bring you joy (and who among us doesn't?) just wait until you meet your grandkids!

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
He's 3 months. He gets his best sleep lying on our shoulders so you can't help but watch when he's dreaming away. He's got some medical problems at the moment so we spend a lot of time checking up on him while he sleeps though.
I hope he gets better soon. Nothing worse than the worry of a very young child who's ill or has medical problems.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Oldest Daughters 18th birthday today, boy time flies. Bought her a pyrography machine so she can make things, which is just so cool, no request for makeup, clothes etc. This makes me happy :D

Yesterday, John Fenna came round, even though it was short visit it was good to see him, thanks John :beerchug:

Reactions: Toddy

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Thanks for that Tony - but you have made me blush! Really!
My Good Thing from yesterday (apart from seeing Tony of course :) ) was going in to work (although I am on holiday) to watch the Participants Panto - Cinderella.
OK - from a theatrical point of view it was a bit of a fiasco - "First Night Nerves" etc - but to see folk with profound Learning Disability having so much fun, being so proud of their achievement and actually having the confidence to perform in front of (in the most part) total strangers was amazing.
One participant - who refused to join in rehearsals - was persuaded to join in the performance in the Grand Ball scene but spent most of the performance spellbound and visibly peeking from the wings.
This year my only involvement was that I had provided most of the costumes (I could not attend rehearsals as I was supporting one participant who did not want to take part - until the performance :) ) so I have to congratulate and praise all the staff who helped and also performed in this amazing production!
I love my job!

Reactions: Nice65 and Toddy

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Snow. Everything seems better after snow. I've been out on the hills this afternoon with the dog finding animal tracks and generally just enjoying the fresh look that a good covering of snow gives everything. I saw some great wildlife and found the perfect silence you only get after snow. I wish I could have stayed out all day but a few hours has been good enough. I hope you've all been out enjoying it too. :D

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Snow. Everything seems better after snow. I've been out on the hills this afternoon with the dog finding animal tracks and generally just enjoying the fresh look that a good covering of snow gives everything. I saw some great wildlife and found the perfect silence you only get after snow. I wish I could have stayed out all day but a few hours has been good enough. I hope you've all been out enjoying it too. :D

Oh, you lucky man, nice observations of the clean silence of snow. Best vid I can find of Lucky Man by the Verve, not really a fan, but I've always loved this track.

It's been classic clear blue winter skies here in the South, bright sun and cold. I stoked the stove very late last night with a couple of big chunks of Beech and shut the vents, so it was a warm place this morning. :):):)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's been a good day.
My cousin says that her daughter is pregnant and due in May :)
I have had an email from a second cousin I haven't heard from in nearly fifty years, I was a child the last time I met him, but we're trying to catch up with the wider family of the children of our parent's cousins. It was a delight to hear of family, and of his memories of my parents and grandparents :)
And, maybe not best of all, but a tremendous relief, I had another gastroscopy yesterday, and my stomach ulcer and 'funny' polyp have both healed, and done so well enough that there are not even any visible scars.
So, no RA, and the damage the pills caused has repaired too :)
Kind of like Christmas came a little early :D

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
It's been a good day.
My cousin says that her daughter is pregnant and due in May :)
I have had an email from a second cousin I haven't heard from in nearly fifty years, I was a child the last time I met him, but we're trying to catch up with the wider family of the children of our parent's cousins. It was a delight to hear of family, and of his memories of my parents and grandparents :)
And, maybe not best of all, but a tremendous relief, I had another gastroscopy yesterday, and my stomach ulcer and 'funny' polyp have both healed, and done so well enough that there are not even any visible scars.
So, no RA, and the damage the pills caused has repaired too :)
Kind of like Christmas came a little early :D

The good stuff that makes you feel warm inside can be when you hear a friend has had good news about their health. :)

Really pleased for you Mary :)

Reactions: Toddy

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Really good nimble in the snow after having rescued a stranded motorist outside the house. Digging him out gave me a nice warm feeling in more ways than one. Fascinated to see that his wife was travelling in slingback sandals!

Downside was that we couldn't get into Oxford to see granddaughter's stage performance. A bit of shame at £25 each for tickets! Good job the play has a long run.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
First snow we've had stick around for years, usually it just goes in an hour, been around for nearly 2 days now, kids are loving it and there's plenty of hills here in Wales for sliding down :D

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Sitting with a good book, in a comfy chair, listening to the rain on the window and the tick and crackle of the log-burner...perfick!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE