Help me find some new music

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Try Polyphia.
Thanks for the reminder. They’ve popped up as the artist on a couple of Shazams and I never followed up.

And another vote for Public Service Broadcasting. Also enjoying Yard Act, the singles mainly. And Baxter Dury has a decent style.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Another newish British metal band from the last few years.

Sleep Token.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
p
Please help me find some new music!

OK, I like to think I’ve got reasonably broad tastes in music but I’m struggling to find some new stuff that I can appreciate. I like a wide range of stuff by a very broad list of artists but I find so much of the current stuff winey love/loss-of-love drivel whether it’s male or female vocals. Also, I can’t listen to rap or similar, sorry.

So, what do I like? Well plenty of old stuff: Fleetwood Mac – especially the early blues, Dire Straits, Pink Floyd and so on; less old but dated Stereophonics, Texas, Muse, Massive attack, Faithless; and even some newer stuff like Sea Sick Steve, Hot Club of Cowtown, Rag ‘n’ Bone Man, Caravan Palace and other ‘techno/electro-swing’.

I’m struggling to find any new stuff that I can actually listen to as opposed to just have on in the background. Good, skilful instrumentals with or without meaningful lyrics, or upbeat tap your foot to .... what's out there?

best new band ive heard in ages

gibson 175

Apr 9, 2022
West Yorkshire
Nuevo Flamenco is a modern electrified version of flamenco. Lots of artists to chose from.
eg.If you like hot guitar playing Strunz and Farah know how to rip it up. This track is Bola.
PS no affiliation( although I wish there was!)

rich d2

Tenderfoot
Jan 10, 2019
Nottingham
Was going to say Ren, but it’s already been done . Hi ren is amazing, although the majority of his stuff is rap which you’re not into.
Lottery winners are good both in the studio and live and I’ve been getting into Mysterines after seeing them support artic monkeys.
Then if you want something very leftfield there’s Henge

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Mago de Oz

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Sorry, should have said, I'm not after more of the old stuff, I want new or more recent musicians :)
Are you already hip to Scott Bradley’s Post Modern Jukebox?
A mishmash of musicians and songs in an electro swing style.
I’m a big fan.
Also try Wulfpeck. Modern, current, original and brilliant musicians.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Another symphonic metal band Epica, with Simone Simons. Just released a concert video few days ago.

Here singing with Floor

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE