Eriksson Mora

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Just got this

432_3286_1.jpg

432_3288_1.jpg

Pretty much the same blade as a Frosts Mora but the handle is bigger and has a really nice soft grip.
It's very comfortable and should make long carving sessions much more enjoyable.
They really don't look like much but these are great working knives.

rb

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Got it from evilbay but Ragnor has them listed i think.
A friend from another forum has just posted that he's got a Frosts Mora and was talking about a leather sheath.
The problem is a leather sheath is going to cost more than the knives cost but it got me thinking along the lines of a "standard" sheath that will suit the various Mora's and then maybe looking at getting some "second" quality leather to keep the cost down.
Maybe even working up a design and then a template that people can use to make their own.
The plastic sheaths look cheap and thats probably the reason people look down on them but in the right hands these are every bit as capable as an AW Woodlore.

rb

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
If I'm not mistaken, the Eriksson knives have a longer tang and like you mentioned, the handles have a nice feel to them. They have a military version of that knife with green color and carbon steel on ebay. The price on the various models is so good that I'm thinking of getting several of them to put in gift kits for friends interested in joining me on hikes and such.

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
I have one from Ragnar. The grip is superior with wet or cold hands. The sheath is ugly but works very well. You could always use it as a inner mold and wrap leather around the outside. I can't see the need. It would be like pulling up to Connelly leather and having a Yugo reapolstered.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE