Does any one going to the moot have......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I thought it might be a good idea to have a wish list thread.

So I'll kick us off with.....

Does any one going to the moot have.....

Any willow clippings, that I could make drawing charcoal for kids with?
fishing.gif

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I can bring a bag of home made willow cliping charcoal if you want .... made in my own fireplace from wood from my own trees.
If so let me know how much you want.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've got some buffs (peeled and steamed rods) that were cut up for making ojos.....they're about eight inches long.......I could take a bundle of them with me if they'd help.

cheers,
M

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Question Does any one going to the moot have......

1) Room in their car?
2) have a spare free ticket?
3) Will be driving past my house in Normandy France (and back again, pretty please)
4) Bringing Kylie along but realise you'll too busy to be her bedwarmer for the week? I'll happily volunteer.

Well, you did ask. :lmao:

Wishing you all have a great time there. Please take plenty of pix so us wannabes can be well jealous and start thinking about next years Moot. All the best weather too.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Jules is supposed to be there for a couple of days making baskets, do you mean bits of willow like that?

That's exactly the kind of stuff I mean.

I've got some buffs (peeled and steamed rods) that were cut up for making ojos.....they're about eight inches long.......I could take a bundle of them with me if they'd help.

cheers,
M

Perfect again Mary.

I can bring a bag of home made willow cliping charcoal if you want .... made in my own fireplace from wood from my own trees.
If so let me know how much you want.

I get through a huge amount of charcoal in a year working with kids. They use it to draw out a Viking or Roman board game on a piece of cloth.

Sometimes the teachers are the worst problem. They see a tub full of charcoal in nice lengths and they snap them in half before giving them to the kids, by the time I finish a session I've got a tub full of stubs no longer than a centimetre.

I used to buy it from a local supplier but they stopped getting the bog standard stuff and started stocking "artists" charcoal. (The only difference I could see was the extortionate price.
bluThinking.gif
)

Realising I could make my own was a bit of a "Damascus" moment brought on by a suggestion here a while ago.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, what I'm trying to say is I can use as much as I can get hold of John.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
That's exactly the kind of stuff I mean.

Perfect again Mary.

I get through a huge amount of charcoal in a year working with kids. They use it to draw out a Viking or Roman board game on a piece of cloth.

Sometimes the teachers are the worst problem. They see a tub full of charcoal in nice lengths and they snap them in half before giving them to the kids, by the time I finish a session I've got a tub full of stubs no longer than a centimetre.

I used to buy it from a local supplier but they stopped getting the bog standard stuff and started stocking "artists" charcoal. (The only difference I could see was the extortionate price.
bluThinking.gif
)

Realising I could make my own was a bit of a "Damascus" moment brought on by a suggestion here a while ago.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, what I'm trying to say is I can use as much as I can get hold of John.

I will bring a bagful then :D

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Toddy, can you bring your bowdrill set please... I want to make one similar and I would love to see the construction again :)

Also if anyone has a couple of bones that would be good for needle making, I would be really appreciative and I will trade some needles for the bones, but it will have to be after i have made them from the bones ;) lol :D

Last edited:

hoppinmad

Forager
Dec 7, 2009
Swansea Valley
Hi Pandabean

Not sure if this is the right bit for it
Just wondering if anyone has 2 spare (will pay of course :) ) load bearing karabiners and maybe have 10mins to spare to show me how to modify my DD Hammock? :)

I have a few karabiners from old climbing harnesses which you are more than welcome to..will drop them at reception for you.
I dont know anything about hammocks so can not help you with that

Regards
Stu

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Anyone got a pyrography set they can bring along, I'm bringing one and Buckshot but a couple more would be useful for a kids workshop. Is Lindsey coming this year?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE