Any ideas how to darken this material as featured on DDR Assault pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Silverclaws2

Nomad
Dec 30, 2019
Devon
I have one of these DDR NVA Assault packs and it is my need to darken the material, to as dark as I can get it really, to need to ask does anyone have any ideas how to do it or has done it themselves and can share some advice

image195562848-1.png

The reason I ask is because judging by the smell of the fabric of which remains after some hefty soak washing using various detergents, it has a creosote sort of smell about it to suggest it might be some sort of tarred cotton - and yes it's waterproof, it will hold a backpack full of water with minimal leakage and no it's not the later variant with the rubber inner lining/bag thingy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Spray paint.

I can't think of anything else that'll have any chance of changing that otherwise.

Interested to hear how you do solve it though, because that's a conundrum !

M

Reactions: Silverclaws2

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
It's not clear what the material is but by the look of it, and your description, I would try the vinyl paints as used in car interiors - it chemically impregnates the material so won't flake etc. I've used it successfully on faux leathers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE