Canvas Berghaus Crusader

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Umbongo Neil,

Yes I'm familiar that the traditional greeting of the Maori and New Zealanders is also a brand of squash ( should that be cordial).

"It's to orangey for crows just for me and my dog...." 80's ad jingles are the best...."Will it be chips or Jacket Spuds?" "Will it be Salad or Frozen Peas?"

I digress...

Yep Atlas / Vulcan not a lot in it. I guess if you wrre trying to be uber Gucchi then you could fit a pair of Atlas pooches to a Vulcan and sit back and wait for the stares... Same same with the Arktis side Pooches...

I tend to Slip my Bivvy poles down between the side pooch and bergen body and use the strap in the ski slot at the top to hold em secure on the Vulcan same with a SFA (not that I ever use it that much).

Yep them Norwegians are impressively cleanly shaven....

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
I had a Berghaus Alp 2 , it was a 70l mountaneering pack with the cyclops 2 back system.
It was in green and grey and had no side pockets ,single compartment with a lid pocket .
It was a great pack and i used it for many years backpacking .
I had it for about 8 years until some sticky fingerd toerag broke into my van and nicked it .

Craig..................

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
I had a Berghaus Alp 2 , it was a 70l mountaneering pack with the cyclops 2 back system.
It was in green and grey and had no side pockets ,single compartment with a lid pocket .
It was a great pack and i used it for many years backpacking .
I had it for about 8 years until some sticky fingerd toerag broke into my van and nicked it .

Craig..................

Yep remember them also... Was the back covered in Red 'Advent' a sort of super wicking fabric Berghaus used for a time??

Nice pack IIRC

Cheers

John

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Yep remember them also... Was the back covered in Red 'Advent' a sort of super wicking fabric Berghaus used for a time??

Nice pack IIRC

Cheers

John

No the back was grey like the one in your post (no. 26)
It was my third backpacking rucksack and the best by far , i could load it to overflowing and walk all day with it .
I keep checking ebay to see if another one comes up .

Craig................

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
"Katanga my friends!"..:cool:

Heres two more classic militarys private perchase bergans,

On the right is a 1990s Arktis patrol pack ,40 litres in DPM thay were avalible in OG .

On the left is a 1980s Berghaus Munro 35 litre pack in the very rare DPM these are still for sale in OG . ( Thanks for pointing this one out to me on ebay Johnboy :) )
Picture017.jpg

Picture019.jpg

The Munro is suffering from a problem that a lot of older packs have the elastics shot due to over loading over the years I will have to get that sorted :)

What amazes me is the DPM is still fresh unlike the issue PLCE thats not as old :confused:

Picture018.jpg

Twodogs

Last edited:

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Mototapu....

Ha Nice one Cliff...

DPM Munro's are as rare as rocking horse do dah... I reckon Berghaus would be able to point you in the right direction regarding the lid elastic. Although it currently has a somewhat becoming ragged charm and some said they didn't exist....

So all you need now to complete the set is:

Cordura Crusader in OG
Cordura Crusader in DPM

Centurion in DPM and OG and an OG canvas backed Munro...

oh and a canvas Roc

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
T'pau, Carly Simon. Mork calling Orson...

Some nice packs there. Shame the Arktis catalogue I've got from the early 90's doesn't have prices shown, it would have been good to Compare Meerkat with the Munro dollar wise.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Good thread, brings back loads of fond memories of my old berghaus crusader. I've had a few and wouldn't mind another one but i'm getting issued some gucci kit in May for "going away with"

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Good thread, brings back loads of fond memories of my old berghaus crusader. I've had a few and wouldn't mind another one but i'm getting issued some gucci kit in May for "going away with"

Thanks for your Service, you and your mates keep your heads down and all come back safe.

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Wow, nice collection of bergans, Cliff! Must be a hobby? Due to complications with a severe deformity in the metatarsal bones of my feet, I got rid of my full sized rucks (gave them to Scouts) as I can no longer carry the loads. Seeing Martin's cat eyes, I had to post up. Sorry it is not a Berghaus ruck. Here is one of my small hunting packs, based on a design for the mob. It is an older model Camelbak H.A.W.G complete with all of the "indoctrinated" add-ons. :D

DSCN1162-1.jpg

Gordy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE