35l sack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
I just spend an excellent weekend with Geoff and the Natural Pathways team doing a wilderness first aid course. High recommend it.

But I also got to use my Swedish Army 35l sack properly for the first time and it was excellent! I got my entire kit for the weekend in there with ease and that includes stove, fuel and rations, sleeping bag and bivi bag, warm clothes and wash kit ect ect.

Carrying the pack is highly comfortable and I really like the external frame (I think this might even replace my beloved PLCE jets packs) best of all the pack only costs £9.95!

Great weekend and a great new piece of kit! :biggthump

Now I just need it cold enough for my new parka! :chill: Roll on the snow!

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
Here are some pics of the LK35 (as the rucksack is called)

100654.jpg

100655.jpg

100656.jpg

100657.jpg

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Looks robust enough. It's funny seeing external frame packs nowadays because we are lead to believe that they are dinosaurs compared to modern packs but really, when you came down to it they were much less hassle than the modern packs that are so variable from brand to brand and model to model.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I have one too, really superb bit of kit & very bombproof. Very sturdy materials used and the design is very well thought out (in a very simple way). Its as basic as a Duluth Sack, with no outer pockets, inside however is a large pocket designed to take stove, water, cooking/food items. This is close to your back (the frame protects you from these) and close to your centre of gravity and central ( so the pack is well balanced).
It is supposed to be 35ltr, but my Munro 35 fits easily inside. The Frame can be used independently of the pack, usefull for carrying jerrycans or firewood.
There is a set of loops for carrying a snowshovel, which fits a SFA perfectly (the lid protects 2/3 of the axe when closed).
Coincedentally I'm working on modifying the harness on mine today (I'll post some pics when its done.
For £10 you get a brand new, very useable pack that is'nt just for days out.
Neil

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Yep, with you there Neil!

And a bargain with some character too me thinks. :biggthump

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Theres definatley an old-time character to them, they could have jumped from the pages of "CAMPING & WOODCRAFT", except the materials are very modern.
When gear is so high-tec and highly advanced, its funny that the simple things still have a place and are still popular (swedish mess kit for example).
Neil

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
There is definately a pleasure in the simple.

Uncomplicated things are pleasing to the mind as well as the wallet. There is less to go wrong for starters.

Echoing other threads, sometimes advanced doesnt mean better, although we are expected to think so and to pay for the pleasure!

faca

Forager
Dec 10, 2003
SPAIN
Hi Gary, how you doing?
I have soem questions about.
Sack weight with frame=
Which is the maximun load to carry confortably with it?
Which is the material used to made frame?
Anyway, do you think it worth to buy?
Thanks for your attention.
Enjoy

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Hello orlando long time no hear!! How are you?

Pack weight with frame empty is lighter than a sabre45 - although I havent weighted it.

Frame is tubular steel and the sack is cordura.

Maximum load - I filled it with every thing I needed for a weekend including food and water and it was great - remember in theory its only 35litres and so a day sack although as pointed it knocks all other 35 litre sack out the water and I think its more like a 40/45 litre size.

At £9.95 it is worth it to buy - I have even now bought a second so i know they will last me for a long time.

And apart from a slight error by surplus and adventure (which I am still awaiting resolving) I have had no problems with their service either!

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Well I am well padded anyway! Seriously - its a day sack so extend use wouldnt (ideally) mean more than a long weekend. Having said that the straps are height adjustable and the tentioning straps across the back (top and bottom) work for me.

Of course you could do what we used to do to the old GS bergen frame and add more padding.

I think its really comfy - Neil/Leon second opinion?

Also you can use it without the frame if you want (as for climbing)

And to make mine even better I added a waist belt and some fastex buckles to the lid strapsm but thats the sort of sack it is. It just wants you to make it your own.

Oct 20, 2004
Lincolnshire
Mind you the roman principal of 2 days on 1 day off for marching (walking) should mean such a sack is more than adequate for long walks....

So it's easily customisable? What other potential modifications might be made?

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
RovingArcher said:
Looks like a good sack. Wonder if we can get them on this side.
If you cannot find one,pm me and iam sure we can sort something out for you.

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
You can pack a lot of gear in this pack, here is a picture of what we used to pack in it when I was in the army, this is what we packed both summer and winter but would need to add food and extra water and sometimes ammo and things like that.

stripack.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE