1st snow??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
It's just snowed [for about 2 hrs] - not settled it's a little too warm and wet on the ground for that.

Anyone else spotted any?

I may get a white Christmas yet :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's so sodden wet here that the flurry that came down when I was feeding the birds just totally disappeared.
I'd love a bright, crisp, clear Winter.
It's perishing cold out there though, the Sun's really low and it's lovely when it shines through.
The birds are feeding so frantically this morning, the Rowan tree looks like it still has leaves but it's just full of the birds.

M

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
A few inches fell overnight here. Everything's nice and white and the suns shining now :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Lucky sods ! :shifty:

I've been ploutering through the icy cold wetness that is my garden, I've finally given up and come in for a warm up. My hands and feet are at that nipping stage of downright unhappiness.

At least the snow would be dry to move around in.

Oh well, it's early yet.

M

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Enjoy as long as it lasts!
I hope you will get to enjoy a White Christmas!

(I hope it is still PC to call it that?)

Winters here are a pain. Cooler, around 27-30 C, NE dryish winds.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
No, it carries on, just not as tidily. We don't really do snow tyres in the population centres, so traffic has issues, but once the gritters have been out, it just moves along again....usually :)

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Hope you enjoy it while it lasts. A good dusting does look nice.
Tis the season for good B&W photography.

Knee deep overnight makes a person think twice about real snow tires. (The mountain peak logo with the snowflake.)
Legally, we have to use them, Oct.01 - Mar.31. Mine are on rims so the changeover is pretty quick.
Needed new which cost me, $1,200 (750BPS) by the time I drove away.
Too soft to run all year, they scrub themselves to death on bare roads.
We get maybe a meter of snow in the village and that slumps, compacts and melts from time to time.
Up top and no drifting, might be 10m deep by spring.

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
I’m up in Shetland at the moment, and it snowed a little last night...50mph wind to go with it right enough

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Its minus 15 degs up here and its been snow for 6 weeks or thereabouts.

Thing is that we don't get snow often enough, or long enough, to lose the delight of seeing it come down :) Our maritime climate really is, and snow might lie on the hills but most of the population live in the milder lowlands.
You have to live very differently from us through Winter. Our seasons slowly move through the changes of the year, and though Winter is Winter, it's rarely a long never ending freezing one. We can have snow, sunshine, rain, sleet, flat calm and gales, all in the same day....thinking on it that's pretty normal. Right now we're sodden wet, and chilly, but not freezing. Just more mud really :sigh: No wonder we look forward to the bright crisp cold of snowy days.

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE