1st snow??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Dammit! where are you? We're growing flippers and gills here in Carmarthen :emoji_umbrella:

Heads of the Valleys. I took the dog out on the hills this afternoon and you can see quite a lot of snow over on Pen-Y-Fan. i tried to get a pic but only had my phone so you'll have to use your imagination a bit. The ground had a nice crust of ice over thick goopey mud which made walking interesting.

20171125_154104.jpg

WealdenWoodsman

Forager
Oct 10, 2017
place
We had our first snow of the year yesterday, though nothing like the scale up north. Only lasted a couple of hours and was very light.

I'm desperate to do a snow overnighter this winter so hopefully I won't have long to wait!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
-6.8C here, but clear, bright and dry.
I know that snow is a trial for many people, and I'm sorry that you have to endure that while trying to get to work, etc., but I'm quietly hoping we get some too :)

M

Reactions: petrochemicals

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Snowed a little over the weekend but all gone on the ground where I am now. The kids did manage to do a little sledging and have a meager snow ball fight yesterday. School was closed Friday and late opening today with no school transport so only if you think you can get your own kids in safely should you take them in. Cars having trouble all over the place, and have heard from friends about several accidents, all low speed - just sliding and not being able to stop mostly when coming to a junction, people have just kept going. None hurt though.

I've only slid once in a car, going down hill round a corner and I just kept going straight! luckly nothing was coming the other way. Scary stuff. If you have to travel in snow take care...

Reactions: crosslandkelly

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Well I was told they'd forecast it to be 14 c today, when I woke up it was apparently 8 c - I didn't even bother with a jacket this morning! - maybe no white Christmas after all :(. I seem to remember last Christmas being very warm too.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's the same here; we're at a balmy 9.8C right now. Himself's fixing a shed roof, something he was going to put off for months yet.

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE