Zippo Turbo Insert

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Yes I have one. It's pretty good. They can be temperamental when it's cold but that's just like a normal zippo. I carry two zippos, one normal and one with the insert. Good combo IMO

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Yes I have one. It's pretty good. They can be temperamental when it's cold but that's just like a normal zippo. I carry two zippos, one normal and one with the insert. Good combo IMO

Is it a sealed unit which could be carried separately ? Might have to try one if it is.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've got zippos mate but the fuel evaporates after about four or five days, having one of these along as a backup would be pretty handy for me. I like the windproofness and first time lighting of the wick and fuel but it just doesn't last long enough.

Realbark

Aimless Wanderer
Jan 18, 2011
South Lincs UK
It appears to be a normal insert type turbo. One of the reviewers said the insert was a little tighter than the normal zippo insert which bodes well for a gas seal. Nothing i can see indicates it is sealed unit which makes me think it relies on a tight fit into the standard zippo housing to reduce evaporation.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
I have the zplus one and its been a reliable beast for about a year now. I used a lighter so rarely that the petrol was always evaporated by the time i came to use it. But I love the solid brass zippo, so this was the perfect solution. Always ready, never let me down and looks good too.

Luu89

Jan 16, 2011
Cardiff, South Wales, UK
I bought a Z-Plus for cigars. I tend to find the valve gets stuck in and wont hold the butane sometimes. Not always. But as usual there is the odd one out. Generally it's great though.

Luu

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE