Zipped Bivvi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
The Snugpak Special Forces bivvy bag works very well.
Just because it's olive, the 340g aren't heavier. They sell it in Coyote tan as well though. Perhaps these 340g are lighter?

:confused2:

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
I think in due course..........I might go for a hooped bivvy with a side entry zip, like the Snugpak? I want to try and get to see one first........
Also like the Alpkit Elan, but that is I think too small for me?

Last edited:

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Current Carinthia bivvy bags are made of the most vapour permeable fabric that's available on the world market.
The Gas Permeable Gore Tex fabric allows to close the bivvy bag and actually breath through the fabric.
(What you can NOT do with any other bivvy bag.)
And they told me that if you do that all the night you will get condensation problems.
That means that you will get such problems in every hooped bivvy bag.
If you want to keep your sleeping bag dry you simply need to breath out of the bivvy bag!

TLM

Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Several people have died in Goretex tents in high altitudes because apparently under those conditions the membrane just freezes into impermeable state. I haven't heard that to happen in lower altitudes and warmer conditions.

A bivvy is small enough to need fairly good ventilation whatever the construction is.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE