Zip-seal plastic bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 20, 2006
Peak District
Ow doo, you Bushcrafty Bushcrafters.

For some time now, I've been trying to get hold of some of those plastic bags with the zip seals.

Does anyone know where I can get these?

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I think this has come up before in a thread. As I recall a company called Lakeland do them and I know they hace both a website and retail shops all over the country. Hope this helps

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
stav,

I've seen one of the Sainsbury's bags produced from a daysack which contained about a pint of spag bol sauce. It hadn't leaked and I was impressed, not only by the fact it handn't leaked, but by how robust the bag felt.

Best regards,
Paul.

Aug 20, 2006
Peak District
I'll be winging my way into Sainsbury's at Sheffield, tonight. Am off up to Wasdale Head tomorrow for a wild camp over the Black sail pass.

Thanks for the replies.

Aug 20, 2006
Peak District
Thought that I had finished with this now, but no such luck.

I went into Sainsbury's tonight and they have indeed got zip lock bags but they are the snap top bags, the sort you squeeze between your fingers to close, not the bags with an actual zip that you slide along the top.

Back to the old drawing board, me thinks.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Staples?

http://www.staples.co.uk/eng/Catalo...nd+Plastic+Envelopes&CatIds=21412,21495,21504

uk_331314_sks_1_enl.jpg

Miggers

Forager
Dec 31, 2006
Oxford
Bought the mixed six pack from Backpackinglight for £15 yesterday afternoon. Arrived this morning with free jelly babies and a CD podcast.

Very tough looking bit of kit!

Miggers

CM Burns

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2003
London
I have the alonsaks (bought direct from USA) but have just found something very similar at Tesco's, pack of 8 for a quid. the quality is excellent, i won't be buying alonsaks again....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE