Zebra billy anywhere ??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
I'm with Ogri, my whole kit was made from 'found' stuff.
A Woolworths SS cutlery strainer, a pair of cut down tent pegs and a SS pot with lid sold as a tea caddy.
It all folds up into itself and I keep my fire steel and some tinder in a placcy bag inside the billy.

hobo_fold_sm.jpg

Here it is unpacked. The pegs go through the strainer and the pot sits on them.
The handle (coat hanger wire with a bamboo handle) clips into place.
The lid has a knob that I turned from scrap and as it fits so well I had to drill a vent to stop the lid blowing off when it boils.

hobo_unfold_sm.jpg

Brewing up!

hobo_lit_sm.jpg

The folding SS steamer (Ikea) catches any embers and protects the grass. Anyone for tea?

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Nice one Stevesteve, very similar to Waylands 'Morrisons buiscuit tin. I have something like that as well, but i have to confess that i use a 12cm Zebra with it. I personally don't think the Zebra's are too expensive (when you can get hold of them) but i also see the benefits of 'recycling' found stuff. Improvise and Adapt.:D

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Ogri, I'm impressed did you make all those from biscuit tins!

Pothunter.

Sorry for the late reply Pothunter,
Erm kindof - there are two made from Morrisons small SS biscuit tins, one from a large SS Morrisons biscuit tin and a 12 cm zebra for size comparison. I also made the tripod which collapses down to just over 2 feet long.
I did some fiddling about with collapseable fire boxes as well but I've still not come up with an ideal set-up to go into a dedicated brew kit.

ATB

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE