Youth jobs in bushcraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 7, 2017
Kent
Hey all,
My name is Louis and I am very passionate in bushcraft and survival skills, I am 16 years old and I have my GCSE's in 2 months, my question to all that know about the subject is how could I go about getting a job in a bushcraft related environment at my age, preferably over the summer and weekends, I live in the south east of Kent so if anyone knows of any placements I would be very appreciative!
Cheers
-Louis

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I suggest you do a search for bushcraft courses in your area and then contact the schools directly and consider voluntary positions with any local nature reserves and Kent Wildlife Trust.

People maybe reluctant to provide a placement for someone of your age due to the extra burdens of child protection etc.

Although I have had several apprentices working with Forest Knights from the Duke of Edinburgh Scheme doing their skills and volunteering sections,

Good luck with the future and remember your GCGE's are far more important than any Bushcraft course.

If you can not converse well with clients and have a good understanding of mathematics and science then no matter how keen you were you wouldnt survive a morning on placement with me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE